CTU's Online Project Management Degree Program
Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Colorado Technical University’s online project management degree program have an opportunity to explore and acquire the foundational knowledge, skills, and know-how that can be applied to a range of industries in the real world. And what’s more, studying project management online at CTU means having the flexibility to fit your coursework around your busy life, and not the other way around. Our project management degree program is globally accredited by the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC), which is the accrediting body for the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Find Your Program
|Bachelor||Project Management||Online||View Degree|
No results were found for the criteria selected. Contact an advisor to help find the right program for you. 855-230-0655
Program details are provided lower on the page.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs
CTU offers six project management degree programs and concentrations that are Globally Accredited by GAC (The Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs is the accrediting body for PMI).
PMP Prep Support
CTU understands the importance of taking and passing the PMP® exam. We can support you in your prep for the PMP® exam through Velociteach, a team of industry experts who have taught nearly 200,000 project managers.
* CTU does not guarantee third-party certifications. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by CTU but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to CTU. Therefore, CTU cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take certification examinations, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.
1. The Project Management Professional, PMP, PMBOK, Project Management Body of Knowledge, CAPM, PgPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. For a full list of PMI’s legal marks, please contact the PMI Legal department.
Benefits of CTU’s Online Project Management Degree Program
Students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s degree in project management online or at one of our campuses in Colorado have access to a number of benefits, including:
- Earning a project management degree online at CTU means being able to take courses that are built to fit in around your schedule, when it’s most convenient for you
- CTU Fast Track™ exams, which make it possible to earn proficiency credit for what you already know, could make it possible to graduate up to 30% faster1
- CTU’s proprietary intellipath® learning tool—which identifies what you already know and anticipates what you’re ready to learn—can offer a more efficient and personalized learning experience2
- CTU’s transfer credit policy could allow you to transfer-in up to 75% of the credits required to complete your bachelor’s in project management3
- Current and former students have access to various career-development resources, networking opportunities, and CTU Student Success Coaches
- CTU Mobile and CTU’s Virtual Classroom make it easy to access your online classes—including assignments and grades—as well as the virtual library, live chats, discussion boards, and more, wherever you’re connected to the Internet
- Active duty and former members of the military may be able to take advantage of military education benefits, such as reduced tuition rates and the ability to convert military experience into course credit3
Bachelor of Science in Project Management
CTU’s Bachelor of Science in Project Management program is designed to help students prepare to pursue project management career paths across a wide array of industries. In this program, you’ll have the opportunity to explore how leadership and management influence project team and stakeholder engagement, learn to apply best practices based on the text A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)—Sixth edition, and identify and analyze project scopes. Students pursuing their project management degree through our accredited program will take courses in Risk Management, Contracts and Procurement, Project Performance and Quality Assurance, Project Cost and Scheduling, Human Resources in Project Management, The Evolution of Project Management, Project Management Tools, and the Project Management Capstone, in addition to general education and core courses.
Explore Other CTU PM Degree Programs
In addition to CTU’s bachelor’s degree in project management program, those looking to earn a degree in project management should explore our other project management programs: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration—Project Management, Master of Business Administration—Project Management, Master of Science in Management—Project Management, Master of Science in Management—IT and Project Management, and Master of Science in Management—Information Systems Security. These on-campus/online project management degree concentrations are also programmatically accredited by the GAC, just like our bachelor’s in project management program.
Admissions Process Overview
All prospective CTU students must complete an admissions interview with an Admissions Advisor and submit a completed application. No SAT, no GMAT, no GRE, or any other standardized test is required for acceptance.
For baccalaureate degree programs, proof of high school graduation, i.e., high school diploma and transcripts, or high school equivalency, i.e., GED, must be submitted to Colorado Technical University before the first day of the second quarter or term in the program of study. See the University Catalog for further information about CTU’s admissions process and for more specific details about our bachelor’s-level online project management degree program.
Accreditations and Awards
Colorado Technical University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org). CTU’s bachelor’s in project management program (as well as five other programs with concentrations in project management topics offered through our business and management degree programs) are globally accredited by the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
U.S. News & World Report4 has ranked CTU on various U.S. News & World Reports “Best Of” lists, including:
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans
- Best Online MBA Programs
- Best Online Graduate Business Programs—Excluding MBA
Additionally, the Military Times has ranked CTU on its “Best for Vets: Colleges 2020” list for online and nontraditional schools.
Graduate Sooner than You May Think
Time to graduation varies based on many factors, but the typical length of bachelor’s degree programs at CTU, which includes the bachelor’s in project management program, is 48 months. To help decrease overall program length, eligible students may be able to take advantage of additional resources and programs:
- CTU Fast Track™ Exams: These tests make it possible to test out of classes and complete your project management degree up to 30 percent faster1 than the norm—17 Fast Track™ exams are available in the bachelor’s in project management program.
- Experiential Learning Portfolios: An Experiential Learning Portfolio (ELP) is an electronic portfolio that relates to a specific course. If your ELP demonstrates that your work experience meets the objectives of a course within the project management curriculum, you may be able to skip that course and still receive credit toward completing your degree.3
- Military Education Benefits: Active and former military members may be able to convert military experience into course credit,3 and they (and their spouses) may qualify to receive reduced military tuition rates.
- Additional Work and Life Experience Options: Professional training, certification programs, and optional standardized assessments (Advanced Placement, CLEP, and DSST examinations) are additional methods that can lead to earning course credit for classes.3
CTU’s tuition and graduation date calculator can help give you a better idea of the estimated cost and program length based on the information you provide.
Ways to Help You Save
The programs that can help you graduate sooner may also help save on tuition, but there are ways to save on out-of-pocket costs, too. Institutional grants and scholarships are available to eligible students.5 Students may be eligible for tuition reimbursement through their employer, so you should speak with your HR manager to assist in determining your company’s tuition reimbursement policies. CTU Admissions Advisors can assist in determining eligibility for a Corporate Alliances Grant. And all students are encouraged to research their eligibility for federal financial aid, and can get started on this by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).5
Why Pursue a CTU Project Management Degree?
Today’s busy adults often have personal and professional responsibilities that can’t be set aside while they work toward earning a degree. For many, deciding to go back to school can seem intimidating if not impossible, especially if you’re striving to achieve some semblance of a work-life balance. But at Colorado Technical University, our globally accredited, online project management degree program (and our online degree programs generally) is designed to provide flexibility in how and when you attend class, making it more manageable to pursue your academic goals without disrupting your life. Our knowledgeable faculty, award-winning proprietary online platforms,4 career development resources, and more, are designed to provide an accessible academic experience—one in which students can pursue a project management undergraduate degree without sacrificing their current responsibilities—and our large community of alumni are living proof that achieving your educational dreams can be achieved. If you’re ready to take the next step, reach out to a CTU Admissions Advisor who would be happy to assist you.
1. The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition depends on the number of CTU Fast Track™ exams successfully passed. Fast Track program credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for possible 30% reduction in time and money. Courses eligible subject to change.
2. intellipath® is not available for all courses.
3. Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
5. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University’s Catalog or on its website and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
CTU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states.