Program details are provided after the form.
Classes start July 2, 2019!
How to Apply for Financial Aid
CTU participates in a variety of financial aid programs and administers these programs in accordance with prevailing federal and state laws as well as its own institutional policies. Students must meet the eligibility requirements of these programs to participate.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time for application processing. Financial aid must be approved, and all necessary documentation completed, before the aid can be applied towards tuition and fees.
Financial aid is awarded on an academic year basis; therefore it is necessary to reapply for aid for each academic year. Students may have to apply for financial aid more than once during the calendar year, depending on their date of enrollment.
Need additional information or guidance?
- Online students please call 866-813-1836 or email at CTUFinancialAid@ctuonline.edu.
- Campus and hybrid students please call 855-733-8023 or email at CTUFAAdvising@coloradotech.edu.
How to Apply
Students who want to apply for federal aid (and state aid, if applicable) must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. FAFSA applications are processed through the Department of Education, and all information is confidential. Students must be accepted for admission to the University before financial aid applications can be processed. Follow the steps below to begin the process:
- Gather the documents you’ll need to apply, including income tax returns (most likely yours and your parents’), W-2 forms, and other records of income, as well as your identification documents (social security card and driver’s license).
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
You’ll need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), which you can register for before or while you complete the form. A FSA ID allows you to sign and submit your FAFSA online. Apply here to create your FSA ID.
Remember, at any point in the process, your CTU student finance representative is available to:
- Help you determine what you need in order to complete your application;
- Review your applications to make sure they are filled out completely;
- Answer questions about any additional financial aid paperwork.
For assistance on your FAFSA, you can contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or watch the following Department of Education video about how to fill out the FAFSA.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.