On-Campus and Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs
Colorado Technical University offers on-campus, hybrid, and fully online criminal justice degree program options. The general track and homeland security degree concentrations are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, with three additional concentrations available at the bachelor’s level, providing more opportunities for you to find the academic path that best fits your interests. Our on-campus and online criminal justice bachelor’s degree and master’s degree programs are designed to impart industry-relevant knowledge that can be applied to the criminal justice field.
Find Your Program
|Bachelor||Criminal Justice - Forensic Investigation||Campus||View Degree|
|Bachelor||Criminal Justice - General||Campus/Online||View Degree|
|Bachelor||Criminal Justice - Homeland Security and Emergency Management||Campus/Online||View Degree|
|Bachelor||Criminal Justice - Human Services||Campus/Online||View Degree|
|Master||Criminal Justice - General||Campus/Online||View Degree|
|Master||Criminal Justice - Homeland Security||Online||View Degree|
No results were found for the criteria selected. Contact an advisor to help find the right program for you. 855-230-0655
Program details are provided lower on the page.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs
Homeland Security careers are becoming more cyber-centric: Cybercrime is thought to cost the US approximately $100 billion per year.*
CTU Makes the Grade
2018 Best Online Master's in Graduate Criminal Justice Programs
U.S. News & World Report**
CTU's Mobile App
Education that's as mobile as you are.
** Click here to learn more about the US News recognition and prestigious ranking for Colorado Technical University’s online programs.
CTU’s On-Campus/Online Program Benefits
Students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s degree in criminal justice online or at one of our campuses in Colorado have access to a number of benefits, including:
- Convenient and flexible learning options designed to fit around your busy schedule, with many concentrations offering a hybrid attendance option, so that you could, for example, take criminology courses online while opting to take other courses in person
- CTU’s proprietary intellipath® learning tool, which can help identify what you already know and anticipate what you’re ready to learn,1 and CTU Fast Track™ exams, which could let you earn course credit for what you already know2
- The ability to transfer-in up to 75% of the credits required to complete your on-campus/online security studies program, or any of our other degree programs3
- CTU Mobile and CTU’s Virtual Classroom, which make it possible to access your courses online, including assignments, our virtual library, live chats, discussion boards, grades, and more, wherever you have an Internet connection
- CTU’s Master’s Advantage™, a program that makes it possible to substitute two courses in your bachelor’s program for two master’s-level courses
- Military education benefits may be available to those who are actively serving or who have served
- Current students and alumni have access to career-development resources, networking opportunities, and Student Success Coaches who can offer career-related advice and guidance
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Colorado Technical University’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice program provides an opportunity for students to acquire industry-specific skills and knowledge that apply to a number criminal justice roles. Core courses include Introduction to Homeland Security, American Corrections, Victimology, Juvenile Delinquency, Criminology, The Laws of Evidence, and more. The program offers a general track option as well as four concentrations, and electives vary depending upon which you choose. Individuals who are able to attend class at either our Colorado Springs or Aurora locations can choose to pursue the on-campus forensic investigation concentration. Students considering a homeland security degree may want to explore the homeland security and emergency management concentration, which is available in multiple attendance formats. Our human services concentration is available in multiple attendance formats as well, helping students prepare to pursue human-services related career paths in the criminal justice system.
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
CTU’s College of Security Studies offers a Master of Science in Criminal Justice program that is designed for current criminal justice professionals wishing to expand their knowledge of policy development, planning, and decision-making with the objective of pursuing more advanced roles in the field. The homeland security concentration—comprised of courses such as Technology Solutions for Homeland Security, Organizational and Policy Challenges, Vulnerability Analysis and Protection, Homeland Security and Government, and the Homeland Security Capstone—is offered as a fully online master’s degree in criminal justice program. The general track—comprised of courses such as Court Services Management, Law Enforcement Management, Corrections Management, Graduate Criminal Justice Capstone, and Operational Human Resource Management—is available in on-campus, online, and hybrid formats.
Admissions Process Overview
Prospective CTU students must complete an admissions interview with an Admissions Advisor and submit a completed application, but no SAT, no GMAT, no GRE, or any other standardized test is a prerequisite for our on-campus/online criminal justice degree programs (or any other degree programs we offer). For bachelor’s degree programs, proof of high school graduation (i.e., diploma, transcripts) or its equivalency (i.e., GED) must be provided to CTU. For our on-campus/online master’s degree in criminal justice program, official transcripts verifying completion of an accredited baccalaureate degree program must be submitted.
Students may be required to complete a criminal background check to participate in or attend class activities at certain sites or to qualify for certain types of internships. A criminal record may disqualify a student from some class activities, internships, or career choices. See the University Catalog for complete admissions details.
Accreditation, Awards, and Recognitions
Colorado Technical University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org).
U.S. News & World Report has ranked CTU on a number of its “Best Of” lists, including:4
- Best Online Degree Programs
- Best for Veterans
- Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs
Additionally, the Military Times has ranked CTU on its “Best for Vets: Colleges 2020” list, and we have been recognized as a Purple Heart University by the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH) for our support of military members, veterans, their families, and the community.
Ways to Graduate Faster than You Might Think
Typical program duration at CTU is 48 months for a bachelor’s degree and 18 months for a master’s degree, but many factors can impact overall program length, including:
- CTU’s Transfer Credit Policy: Eligible students may qualify to transfer-in up to 75 percent of the credits required to complete their undergraduate or graduate degree program.3
- CTU Fast Track™ Exams:2 Taking and passing these exams can result in completing your undergraduate degree program up to 30 percent faster by letting you “test out” of certain classes. The number of CTU Fast Track™ exams available in the criminal justice bachelor’s program varies by concentration, ranging from four to seven.5
- Experiential Learning Portfolios (ELPs): Submitting a successful ELP to demonstrate how prior learning experience (typically professional experience) meets a particular course’s objectives could enable you to skip that course and still receive credit toward completing your degree.
- Military Education Benefits: Active military and veterans may be able to convert their military training and service into course credit.
Ways to Save on Tuition and Fees
The more credit-hours you’re able to apply to your on-campus or online criminal justice degree program by transferring-in credits from other colleges, passing CTU Fast Track™ exams, developing a successful Experiential Learning Portfolio, and turning your military experience into course credits, the fewer courses you’ll have to take to satisfy degree requirements and the less you’ll have to spend on tuition. Members of the military (and their spouses) are also able to take advantage of a reduced tuition rate.
CTU also offers different financial aid resources and tools. Various institutional grants and scholarships may be available that could help you save on out-of-pocket costs.6 Many employers offer tuition reimbursement programs that could help offset the cost of taking criminal justice online classes (or on-campus classes), and your HR manager can assist you in determining your organization’s tuition reimbursement policies. To help alleviate some of the guesswork, our tuition and graduation date calculator can help estimate your total tuition and graduation date based on information you supply.
Going back to school can be intimidating for anyone, but particularly for adults who have families, existing careers, and other personal and financial responsibilities. When you already have very little time, the thought of fitting classes into your schedule might seem impossible, but our online criminal justice bachelor’s degree and online master’s degree in criminal justice programs are designed to offer the flexibility you want to make your goals a reality. CTU’s large network of current and former students is proof that earning a degree, even with a busy life, can be done. Our many attendance options make it possible to fit classes into your existing life, instead of having to put your current responsibilities on hold. And one of the benefits of a CTU education is that you don’t have to sacrifice having a supportive network of fellow students and faculty simply because you’re taking criminal justice classes online. You can stay connected with your classwork and classmates through our award-winning online tools, while our knowledgeable instructors are available to provide assistance when requested.
1. intellipath® is not available for all courses.
2. The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition depends on the number of CTU Fast Track™ exams successfully passed. Fast Track program credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for possible 30% reduction in time and money. Courses eligible subject to change.
3 Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
6. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
CTU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states.