Online degree programs make education convenient
Strengthen your current job skills. Study something that interests you. Our accredited online college degree programs, and our onsite programs in Aurora (Denver area) and Colorado Springs, are designed to work around your busy life.
Convenience: At CTU, you can get the education you want without putting your work or personal life on hold. You can attend online classes when and where they fit into your busy schedule. At home, at work, at the library ... wherever there’s an Internet connection. If you live in the Denver or Colorado Springs area you may be able to enroll in a hybrid program, which combines online learning with onsite learning.Read More (+)
Variety: Whatever your area of interest, you’ll likely find a degree program to suit your needs at CTU. In fact, we offer more than 100 graduate and undergraduate online degree programs and concentrations. You’ll find degree options at every level — associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral — and in many different fields.
Relevance: CTU online courses are taught by faculty who live what they teach. They’re in tune with current trends in their field and incorporate them into the coursework. You’re able to benefit from their first-hand industry knowledge and real-world experiences in their field.
Diversity: Our online classes are full of people just like you: stay-at-home parents, mid-level managers, busy executives, empty nesters, single parents, budding entrepreneurs. Here, students come from all walks of life to learn and improve their lives through education. In addition to knowledgeable instructors and a community of like-minded students, CTU’s online university experience includes interactive technology that makes learning accessible for a diverse student body.
Education That Fits Your Lifestyle
One of the biggest benefits of attending an online university is that it can be tailored your lifestyle. Instead of rushing out of the office at the end of the day to attend class or missing dinner with your kids to participate in a study group, you can listen to archived lectures, complete assignments, and communicate with professors and classmates when it’s convenient for you.
Our online education allows you to:
- Maintain a work, life, education balance
- Tailor your education with flexible learning options
- Connect to courses anywhere you have an Internet connection
While CTU offers onsite and hybrid courses at our Aurora (Denver area) or Colorado Springs campuses, an online option is available for many of our programs — so if your needs change over time, you might be able to finish your degree online.
CTU Virtual Classroom: Everything in One Spot
With CTU’s Virtual Classroom you’re never more than a few clicks away from where you want to be. When you log into your Virtual Classroom’s dashboard, you land on your course home page, where you can navigate to all of the following resources.
Course Home: See the latest announcements for your online course, which you can read, save, or dismiss to stay organized
To Do List: View and sort your upcoming tasks
Live Chats: Find out when your next interactive lecture is scheduled, log into live chats, or access a previous lecture
Assignments: View the assignment list and sort by type, assignment, or due date; select an assignment and get everything you need to complete it all in one place; and follow a link to the class discussion board where you can engage with your instructor and your classmates
Resources: Easily view your bookshelf with all of the e-books for your current and previous courses; conveniently check out all of the additional resources you may need; access CTU’s virtual library that offers e-books, online databases, and research guides for all of our online degree programs
Grades: Track your grades any time during your course and view your gradebook for a detailed breakdown of how you’re doing so far, including a link to instructor feedback on completed assignments
Classmates: See everyone who is taking the class with you, get their contact information, track a group, mark and view favorites, and even tag classmates with keywords
Site Menu: From here, you can get tools that will help make staying in touch even easier, including a messenger app, general school contact information, a list of contacts in every department, and a link to trending discussions happening throughout the CTU communityIt's all pretty amazing, and, since it's better to experience it than simply read about it, we invite you to take our Virtual Classroom tour.
Innovative Tools and Resources
Our online students lead busy lives and need to make the best use of their time and energy. We get it. That’s why we offer several ways to attend classes — online, on campus, or a blend of both. Our digital tools allow you to receive credit for what you already know, access your courses from anywhere, and calculate the cost of your education. And our Career Services staff is ready to help you when it’s time to apply for an internship or a new job.
Intellipath™: Intellipath™ is a CTU proprietary online learning application. It customizes coursework in our online degree programs to suit your knowledge level, letting you skip what you already know and focus on what you need to learn. It does away with the one-size-fits-all approach to education by providing you with your own personalized learning path.
When you take an online course powered by Intellipath™, you benefit from increased control over your class material. You’re able to proactively address learning gaps, and get immediate feedback as you complete your course. This can help you improve your knowledge retention and lead to increased rates of passing grades — so that after you graduate, you’re ready to hit the ground sprinting.
FastTrack™: Intellipath™ is the technology that drives CTU’s Fast Track™, a set of technology-driven learning assessments that allows you to earn credit toward your degree for the knowledge and skills you already have. Offered at no additional charge, Fast Track assessments help you demonstrate proficiency in core subjects, reducing the cost of your program and the time it takes to complete your degree by as much as 30 percent.
CTU Mobile: CTU’s mobile app provides the freedom and flexibility that our online degree students want. You get a secure, convenient way to stay connected to professors and classmates when you’re on the go. Get homework done, receive timely notifications, and manage deadlines — all from the palm of your hand.
With CTU Mobile, you can:
- Check assignments while riding the train or bus to work
- Participate in live chats from the comfort of your favorite recliner
- Send emails to faculty members while waiting at the doctor’s office
- Review discussion boards on your lunch hour
- Track academic progress when you have a few minutes to spare
Financial Aid: Our goal is to help you achieve your educational goals. Our financial aid advisors can explain all of the available options, including federal and state grants, scholarships, loans and work-study programs*, private loans, payment plans, and tuition reimbursement.
Online financial aid resources include:
- Graduation Date and Tuition Calculator: See how Fast Track assessments, transfer credits, or a military affiliation can affect your total tuition and graduation date.
- Net Price Calculator: In just a few minutes, you can get an estimate of the cost to attend CTU, including tuition, fees, other expenses and possible grant aid.
- Scholarships and Grants: Learn how new and returning students who meet eligibility criteria can take advantage of a number of institutional grants and scholarships.
- Tuition and Catalog Resources: In just a few clicks, you’ll get access to tuition and catalog information that may help make your education investment easier to understand.
Career Development: Reach out to our Career Services staff to explore career ideas, get ready for a job interview, create a cover letter and résumé, or get career coaching. Let our staff help you put your best foot forward when you apply for an internship, ask for a promotion, or pursue a career change.
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
Engage with Fellow CTU Students Online
We believe that continuing your education in today's world requires a community effort. That's why we take advantage of current and emerging technologies to help keep you connected to your studies in the some of the most convenient ways possible.
At CTU, you can interact with your classmates and instructors in much the same way you already stay in touch with your friends, family, and co-workers. By incorporating chat, email, mobile devices, and popular social networking sites into your online university experience, you can make education an active, engaging part of your everyday life.
Current students and alumni can stay connected, receive updates, and offer their own input with CTU’s social communities:
- CTU Facebook™ Community: Yes, we’re on Facebook — come and join us! Remember to “Like” our page for regular updates and access to discussions, special interests, university news, and photos.
- CTU Twitter™ Community: View CTU news and information in 140 characters or less.
- CTU YouTube™ Community: Our YouTube channel is packed full of personal stories, CTU announcements, and more.
- CTU LinkedIn® Community: Connect with a valuable network of CTU alumni and students, as well as faculty and real-world experts.
- CTU Google+ Community: With Circles, Messenger, and Hangouts, you can connect with communities you create and network with other CTU students and alumni in real time.
Degree Programs at CTU Online Have Earned Recognition in 2017
U.S. News & World Report has named five Colorado Technical University online degree programs to its prestigious 2017 Best Online Programs lists:
- Online bachelor’s degree programs
- Online Master of Computer Information Technology
- Online Master of Criminal Justice
- Online Master of Business Administration
- Online Non-MBA Graduate Business Degree Programs
In addition, for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report recognized CTU’s online bachelor’s degree programs as Best Online Program for Veterans.
The NSA and Department of Defense have recognized CTU as well. They named CTU a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense.1 Many of the business degree programs offered by Colorado Technical University are also ACBSP accredited.
The International Graduate Forum named Colorado Technical University in the Top Tier of Online MBA Programs for 2016. 2 Schools are assessed based upon certain Key Performance Indicators, which act as benchmarks in the rating and ranking of graduate programs. Schools selected for inclusion into the European, North American, Gulf, and Online MBA Rankings have demonstrated a high level of innovation and thought leadership; typically, highly qualified faculty are used, and the make-up of students is diverse.
Benefits of an Accredited Online Program
Not all online college degree programs are created equal. As you research your choices, make sure the program you choose is offered by an accredited college. College accreditation may be necessary in your field of study or in the career path you choose. Accreditation is a voluntary process that schools undergo to demonstrate that their college and programs can withstand rigorous evaluation and meet or exceed the standards of an independent accreditation agency.
Learn about CTU’s accreditation.
Alumni Association Keeps You Connected
Once you graduate from CTU, you automatically become a member of our collaborative, supportive Alumni Association.
The relationships our students form with their professors, CTU staff, and each other should not end after graduation, and we invite you to stay connected to the expanding professional and social network represented by the more than 91,000 degrees awarded since 1965.
Find Your Program
No results were found for the criteria selected. Contact an advisor to help find the right program for you. 855-230-0655
CTU Virtual Classroom
Colorado Technical University has adopted industry-current technology and incorporated them into the ways you can:
- Access upcoming and archived lectures (live chats)
- Interact with instructors and classmates
- Track assignments and grades
- Access course materials
It's all pretty amazing, and it's better to experience it than simply read about it, so we invite you to experience our Virtual Classroom tour.
Benefits of an Online Program
- Maintain a work, life, education balance
- Tailor your education with flexible learning options
- Connect to courses anywhere you have internet
- Industry-current and relevant curriculum
CTU Ranks for Best Online Programs
U.S. News & World Report has named eight Colorado Technical University online degree programs to its 2018 Best Online Programs lists:
- Online Bachelor’s degree programs
- Online Bachelor’s degree programs for Veterans
- Online Master of Criminal Justice
- Online Master of Criminal Justice for Veterans
- Online Graduate Engineering Programs
- Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA)
- Online MBA Programs
- Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs
Program details are provided after the form.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs