Complete Your Online Doctoral Degree Program in Three Years
If you’re ready to pursue a doctorate degree but you’re not ready to put your life on hold, then consider a doctoral degree from CTU.
As you’d expect, the coursework is designed to be rigorous and challenging. But you’ll have online tools at your disposal and a mentor at your side to help you as you set out to master the material in a timely manner, ideally in just three years.
Our doctoral programs are aligned to an industry or body of knowledge. CTU offers doctoral degree programs in computer science and management with 20 concentrations.
Find Your Program
|Doctorate||Computer Science - Big Data Analytics||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Computer Science - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Computer Science - General||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Computer Science (DCS)||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Criminal Justice||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Environmental and Social Sustainability||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Executive Leadership||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - General||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Global Leadership||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Homeland Security||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Non Profit Leadership||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Organizational Development and Change||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Project Management||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Management - Technology Management||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Nursing Practice||Online||View Degree|
No results were found for the criteria selected. Contact an advisor to help find the right program for you. 855-230-0655
At CTU, the Doctor of Business Administration, Doctor of Management, and Doctor of Computer Science require a dissertation, while the Doctor of Nursing Practice requires a special project. The dissertation records your research process, presents the findings and conclusions of your research, and suggests future research.
- Your doctoral dissertation is divided into two major segments: the proposal and the full dissertation.
- After it is approved, you can begin your dissertation research and writing in your core dissertation courses until it’s completed, then reviewed by a committee.
- These processes are conducted under the supervision of CTU professors.
All doctoral students are also required to attend two residential symposium events at specified times in the degree program. Symposia are held in Denver, Colorado.
Students wishing to enter the Doctor of Management or Doctor of Computer Science programs must satisfy the following:
- Interview with an admissions advisor
- Complete the admissions application
- Submit official transcript(s) from your Master’s program(s)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your Master’s program
- Submit your résumé with 5+ years of experience and education history
- Submit a brief essay (1800-3000 words), which provides the admissions committee evidence of your research focus, personal/professional motivation, specific concentration compatibility and overall ability to be successful in the program.
Students wishing to enter the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must satisfy the following:
- Interview with an admissions advisor
- Complete the admissions application
- Submit proof of a current, active and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the United States.
- Graduate with a programmatically accredited Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in your MSN program
- Submit an Attestation of Supervised Clinical/Practice/Practicum form to verify you have completed a minimum of 120 documented clinical hours at the post-baccalaureate level
Additional admissions requirements may apply. Check the individual program pages or the Specialized Admission and Graduation Requirements section of the catalog for additional information.
Doctor of Management
CTU’s Doctor of Management program offers you the opportunity to develop management expertise in one of 12 concentrations. It’s designed to help you to develop a leadership style that can allow you to critically evaluate, analyze, and solve problems — and ultimately make key contributions to your field.
- The Doctor of Management program consists of 15 core instructional courses, plus nine doctoral research courses and two symposium events.
- Core courses in all concentrations are the same and include management theory; ethics; application of action research; strategic thinking and organizational alignment; practice and theory of consulting and intervention; leadership theory and development; qualitative and quantitative research methods; and structured courses on the creation and completion of your dissertation.
If you are a student currently enrolled in a CTU Master’s program and want to get a head start on a Doctoral degree, you may save up to one term of tuition and time.
Those who qualify are able to work on two degrees concurrently and earn a Doctoral degree up to 11 weeks faster in the process. Through this program, doctoral work is started after completing 10 of the 12 required master’s courses. Program plans must be approved by the provost, vice provost, dean, or director for graduate programs.
Doctor of Computer Science
CTU’s Doctor of Computer Science (DCS) degree program has been designed to help you develop an in-depth understanding of a specialized subject related to computer science so that you can predict trends and, ultimately, make contributions in your area of expertise. Along with intensive research and writing projects, you will have the opportunity to explore high-level design issues, evaluate methods of maintaining security in distributed systems, develop a software process improvement plan for an organization and design, test and implement an experiment – including reporting on the results. Concentrations are: general, big data analytics, enterprise information systems, and information assurance.
- The Doctor of Computer Science program is structured to provide you with foundational courses that include research and writing; a deep dive into the courses in your chosen concentration; and leadership and professional advancement courses that is designed to help you put your education to use in your area of interest.
- It consists of 15 core instructional courses, plus nine doctoral research courses.
- Core courses include current topics in computer science and IT; qualitative and quantitative research methods; futuring and innovation; research methods and design; and structured courses on the creation and completion of your dissertation.
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Our complex healthcare environment benefits from advanced knowledge and practice expertise, which can positively affect healthcare outcomes for individuals and populations. CTU’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program is designed for licensed RNs with a Master’s in Nursing who are looking to continue on to the Doctorate level, which is the terminal degree for nursing.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice program was developed using the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Designed as a comprehensive practice-focused program, the DNP requires 1,000 hours of documented, supervised post-baccalaureate clinical hours for graduation, 500 of which must be completed while enrolled at CTU.
- The program culminates in a project that allows you to translate evidence-based practice and research findings into a practice change project using your area of advanced nursing practice.
Your Support Team
At CTU, you’re in charge of your education, but you’re never alone. Throughout your degree program you’ll be supported by CTU faculty and staff. Over the course of your online doctoral degree program, you’ll have the opportunity to form lasting relationships with instructors and classmates that create a valuable network and personalized learning experience. Your faculty and advisors are committed to your success and are available to help guide you throughout your doctoral journey.
Innovative Technology to Assist You
The CTU online doctoral library is a resource available to help you tackle the research needed to complete your doctoral program. Available exclusively to CTU online doctoral degree students, it provides convenient 24/7 access to valuable materials such as research journals, magazines, conference proceedings, books, theses, videos, audio, and more.
Our two-and-a-half day residential symposia give you the opportunity to meet and network face-to-face with faculty, peers, and invited guest speakers. You’ll also participate in practical, engaging workshops and discussions in your field of study. Symposia occur quarterly in Denver, Colorado. You are required to attend two symposia events during your time in the program. However, new students get to experience symposia right away. Learn More
Program details are provided after the form.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs