Online Healthcare Degree Programs
Employment of healthcare occupations is expected to grow 15 percent between 2019 and 2029—a much faster rate than the average for all occupations1 —and many of these positions require a college degree or higher.1 Colorado Technical University’s health administration services associate degree online program and undergraduate and graduate healthcare management online programs2 can help you prepare to pursue career paths in this growing industry, and these convenient online healthcare degree programs are designed to provide the flexibility and career-oriented focus you’re looking for.
Find Your Program
Program details are provided lower on the page.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs
32% Job Growth
According to the BLS, employment of Medical and Health Services Managers is expected to grow 32% between 2019 and 2029.**
CTU Makes the Grade
2023 Best Online Bachelor's Programs U.S. News & World Report*
CTU's Mobile App
Education that's as mobile as you are. Learn more.
* CTU programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 Best Online Programs.
** Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers,at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm (visited November 1, 2020). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
- Rose Nieves, PhD, ARNP, FNP-c, CNE, RN | University Dean
- Laura Sliwinski, PhD | Executive Program Director
- Pazanta Goolsby | Lead Faculty
- Tiffany Halfacre | Lead Faculty
- Tasia Hilton-Betton | Lead Faculty
Benefits of CTU’s Online Healthcare Degree Programs
Students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s degree in healthcare management online or at one of our campuses in Colorado have access to a number of benefits, including:
- Pursuing one of CTU’s online healthcare degree programs means being able to take classes that are built to fit around your schedule, when it’s most convenient for you
- CTU Fast Track™ exams, which make it possible to earn course credit for what you already know, could enable you to graduate up to 30% faster3
- CTU’s proprietary intellipath® learning tool—which identifies what you already know and anticipates what you’re ready to learn—can let you focus on what’s new to you, for a more efficient and personalized learning experience4
- CTU’s transfer credit policy means that you could potentially transfer-in up to 75% of the credits required to complete your traditional or online healthcare degree program5
- CTU’s Master’s Advantage™ program may allow you to substitute two courses in your bachelor’s level of study for two master’s level courses, saving you time and money
- Current and former students have access to career-development resources, networking opportunities, and CTU Student Success Coaches
- Courses taught by knowledgeable instructors who are experienced in their respective fields
- CTU Mobile and CTU’s Virtual Classroom allow you to access your online classes—including assignments and grades—as well as the virtual library, live chats, discussion boards, and more, wherever you’re connected to the Internet
- Military education benefits, such as reduced tuition rates and the ability to turn military experience into course credit5, are available to eligible active and former members of the military
Healthcare Management Programs
Employment in medical and health services management,6 financial management,7 administrative services management,
CTU’s Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program can be pursued online or on-campus as a general track program. Alternatively, you could opt for this bachelor’s degree program’s fully online concentration in health informatics. Lower-level core courses include coverage of medical terminology, IT, accounting, medical terminology, and concepts in healthcare organizations, in addition to other key topics, and upper-level core courses cover areas including (but not limited to) global health systems, healthcare statistics and research, an overview of the healthcare industry, managing population health, and human resources.
For those interested in online master’s in healthcare management programs, our Master of Science in Healthcare Management degree program is conveniently offered as both a general track or with a concentration in health informatics (informatics is the science of how to use data, information, and knowledge to improve both human health and delivery of healthcare services11). Core courses for both online healthcare degree program concentrations include Computer Systems Security Foundations, Database Systems, Healthcare Informatics, Healthcare Informatics Capstone, and Enterprise Data Management. Depending on the focus chosen, students will complete 20 credit-hours in the informatics concentration or select 20 credit-hours’ worth of elective courses for the general track.
(CTU also offers on-campus/online MBA in healthcare management and BBA in healthcare management concentration options through our School of Business and Management.)
Health Administration Services
CTU offers an Associate of Science in Health Administration Services. This online healthcare administration associate degree program examines topics in healthcare finance, healthcare administration, human resources, and reimbursement systems, as well as regulatory, ethical, and legal issues affecting healthcare organizations—providing students with the opportunity to acquire the foundational knowledge generally required to pursue various entry-level careers in the healthcare field. Graduates of this online healthcare administration degree program are encouraged to take the voluntary Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) certification examination offered by the National Healthcare Association (NHA)12 —taking this exam can signal to potential employers that a candidate is capable of performing the necessary tasks that keep offices and clinics running smoothly. The ASHAS program also lays the groundwork for those who decide to continue their education by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management in our online/on-campus program.
Admissions Process Overview
All prospective CTU students must complete an admissions interview with an Admissions Advisor and submit a completed application. No SAT, no GMAT, no GRE, or any other standardized test is required for acceptance into CTU’s traditional or online healthcare degree programs.
For undergraduate healthcare degree programs, proof of high school graduation (diploma, transcripts) or high school equivalency (GED) must be submitted to CTU before the first day of the second quarter or term in the program of study. For the master’s in healthcare management online program, official transcripts verifying completion of an accredited baccalaureate degree must be submitted. See the University Catalog for further information about CTU’s admissions process.
Accreditations, Affiliations & Awards
CTU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Management program is an Associate Member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
U.S. News & World Report* has ranked CTU on its Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and Best Online Bachelor’s for Veterans lists in 2023, and Military Times has ranked CTU on its Best for Vets: Colleges 2022 list for online and nontraditional schools. Additionally, Colorado Technical University is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org).
Ways to Reduce Time to Graduation
Time to graduation varies based on many factors, but typical program lengths at CTU are as follows:
- Associate degrees can be earned in 24 months
- Bachelor’s degrees can be earned in 48 months
- Master’s degrees can be earned in 18 months
However, CTU offers a number of resources and programs that can help decrease your overall program length:
- CTU Fast Track™: These exams make it possible to test out of classes and complete your healthcare degree program up to 30 percent faster3—four CTU Fast Track™ exams are available for the associate degree in healthcare administration online program, and nine are available in the bachelor’s degree in healthcare management online/on-campus program.
- Experiential Learning Portfolios: An Experiential Learning Portfolio (ELP) is an electronic portfolio that relates to a specific course in your academic program. If your ELP demonstrates that your work experience meets the objectives of a course, you may be able to skip that course and still receive credit for it, which can help you graduate faster.5
- Military Education Benefits: Active and former military members may be able to convert military experience into course credit that counts toward completing your degree program.5
- Additional Work and Life Credit Options: Professional training/certification programs and certain (optional) standardized assessments (Advanced Placement, CLEP, and DSST examinations) could further reduce the number of classes required for graduation.
Our tuition and graduation date calculator can help give you a better idea of the approximate cost of earning an on-campus/online healthcare degree at CTU as well as your estimated program length, based on the information you provide.
Ways to Save
The same programs that help you graduate faster can also help you save on tuition. There are also various types of institutional grants and scholarships available to eligible students, which can reduce out-of-pocket costs.13 Further, a CTU Admissions Advisor can assist in determining your eligibility for a Corporate Alliances Grant, and your HR manager can assist in determining your company’s tuition reimbursement policies. Additionally, we encourage all students to investigate their eligibility for federal financial aid—you can start by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Why Choose CTU for Your Online Healthcare Degree Program?
Many students who decide to go back to school have busy lives and personal obligations that can’t simply be put on hold while they work toward a degree, and they might even have insecurities that cause them to doubt whether they “have what it takes” to go back to school. But CTU’s large network of current students and alumni who have taken the next step and earned their degrees online are living proof that it can be done, and we’re here to make it more convenient for our students to work toward their goals. At Colorado Technical University, we strive to make it easier for busy adults to achieve their academic objectives by offering flexible, career-oriented online healthcare degree program options, regardless of whether you’re currently working in the healthcare field or would like to break into it. CTU’s faculty, award-winning proprietary platforms,* career-development resources, and programs to reduce out-of-pocket costs and time to graduation are all designed to provide an academic experience that is more accessible to everyone who wants to pursue an education.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Healthcare Occupations,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm (last visited 10/31/2020). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
2 The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management general track is also available at CTU’s Colorado Springs campus.
3 The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition towards the full cost of a degree program depends on the number of CTU Fast Track™ exams successfully passed. Fast Track program credits are non-transferable. Not all programs are eligible for possible 30% reduction in time and money. Courses eligible are subject to change. Students should not rely on potential Fast Track savings or eligibility when making an enrollment decision.
4 intellipath® is not available for all courses.
5 Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
6 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Medical and Health Services Managers,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm (last visited 2/12/2020). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
7 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Financial Managers,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm (last visited 12/23/2019).
8 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Administrative Services Managers,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/administrative-services-managers.htm (last visited 2/12/2020). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
9 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Human Resources Managers,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/human-resources-managers.htm (last visited 12/23/20192/12/2020). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
10 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, “Medical and Health Services Managers: Similar Occupations,” https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm#tab-8 (last visited 2/12/2020).
11 AMIA, “What Is Health Informatics?,” available at https://www.amia.org/fact-sheets/what-informatics (last visited 2/12/2020).
12 This program does not lead to additional licensure or certification. CTU cannot guarantee that graduates of this program will be eligible to take third party certification examinations. Certification requirements for taking and passing these exams are controlled by outside entities and are subject to change without notice to CTU.
13 University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University Catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
* CTU programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 Best Online Programs.
CTU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states.