CTU Online MSN Programs
Master of Science in Nursing
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that from 2019 through 2029, employment in nursing is projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations1. These opportunities are expected to be seen in a variety of settings, including long-term and residential care facilities, outpatient care centers, and physician’s offices.2
The online Master of Science in Nursing program at Colorado Technical University is your opportunity to pursue a graduate-level nursing degree.
Students seeking an online degree in nursing administration or nursing education can:
- Pursue an online degree for $17,760
- Finish your degree in as little as 18 months
- Complete practicum at your own place of work (if appropriate)
- Learn with our proprietary intellipath® learning system where nurses can quickly move over the content they already know
Students seeking an online Family Nurse Practitioner program can:
- Pursue an online degree in as few as 24 months
- Study to prepare for the FNP certification exam
- Complete practicum hours in your community (where available)
- Study with our proprietary intellipath® learning system where nurses can quickly move over the content they already know
Ranked Among the Best Online Nursing Programs
CTU’s online Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are ranked among the Best Online Master's in Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report for the fourth consecutive year.*
* CTU programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 Best Online Programs.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses,
at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited January 20, 2021). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
2 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited January 20, 2021). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
Relevant Institutional/Programmatic Accreditation
CTU is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission www.hlcommission.org
The Master of Science in Nursing degree program at Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org)
CTU’s MSN program is designed to help students prepare to:
- Employ leadership skills to improve the quality of care in a variety of healthcare settings
- Integrate advanced nursing and science knowledge into practice
CTU offers three Master of Science in Nursing degree concentrations in Nursing Administration, Nursing Education and Family Nurse Practitioner. The Nursing Administration and Nursing Education programs are designed to be completed in as little as 18 months; and the Family Nurse Practitioner may be completed in as few as 24 months.
MSN-NA: Nursing Administration
Students in the MSN-NA program are taught to apply new systems of thinking to effect positive change and to lead with a strong sense of personal, professional, fiscal and ethical accountability.
MSN-NE: Nursing Education
Students in the MSN-NE program are taught nursing education principles such as the use of innovative teaching strategies, curriculum design and development, assessment and evaluation, and the application of these concepts in nursing practice and virtual environments.
MSN-FNP: Family Nurse Practitioner
Students in the MSN-FNP program will study patients across the lifespan. Classes focus on evidence-based practice, population health, health policy, informatics, and family practice—theory and skills needed for advanced practice nursing.
Our graduate nursing programs are based on real-world nursing practices, and focus on evidence-based nursing, informatics, policy-making, health promotion, and more.
CTU understands licensed practicing nurses return to school with varying degrees of knowledge and experience. So, we design our curriculum for our nursing students accordingly. At CTU, our nursing students:
- Utilize intellipath®, which is comparable to the computerized adaptive testing nurses use to enter the nursing profession
- Experience faculty-led nursing courses infused with intellipath® assignments, writing assignments, discussion boards, virtual simulations, clinical experiences, and journaling, among others.
- Bypass group project assignments due to interdisciplinary collaboration in clinical courses.
- Complete clinical experiences and a mix of traditional assignments.
Military nurses with their BSN are welcome to apply to our online Master of Science in Nursing programs. As a military-centric university, CTU wants to help you pursue your personal and professional goals for your nursing career while you serve your country or transition to civilian life.
Our online Master of Science in Nursing degree is unique in being driven by intuitive technology called intellipath®. Our proprietary intellipath® learning system is designed to let nurses quickly move over what they already know so that they don’t have to wade through information they’ve already learned.
Best of all, the MSN degree is mobile-friendly. You can work on your phone. On your laptop. Wherever you go, and no matter how busy you are, we’re there for you with opportunities to continue your course progress and work towards your degree on your own timetable.
- May 24, 2022
- June 28, 2022
- August 09, 2022
Estimate Tuition and Grad Date
Total tuition for this degree program will vary depending on your educational needs, existing experience, and other factors.Estimate your costs, potential savings and graduation date
Building Your Nursing Knowledge
An active unencumbered U.S. RN license, a bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution and a 3.0 GPA for the last 90 quarter (60 semester) hours of study undertaken is required for acceptance into CTU's MSN program. If you do not have a BSN, CTU also offers an RN-BSN so you can pursue your academic goals in one easy to follow path.
Core nursing education. The MSN at CTU teaches a broad range of skills regardless of the specialization chosen, allowing students to work to develop more insight into management theory and application, and evidence-based practices. Some of the courses at the core nursing level include:
- Healthcare Informatics and Technologies
- Integrating Theory and Research for Evidence Based Practice
- Policy and Politics in Nursing and Healthcare
- Promoting and Preserving Health in a Diverse Society
- Practicum: The practicum is an immersion experience, under the direct supervision of a preceptor. Students in the MSN-NA and MSN-NE are required to participate in two practicum courses, 60 hours each, for 120 hours total. Students in the MSN-FNP are required to participate in three practicum courses for a total of 630 hours. For the MSN-NA and MSN-NE, students may be able to complete their practicum with their place of employment (if appropriate).
Degree RequirementsCourses for this degree are dependent upon the concentration chosen. Please see the Related Degree tab for available concentrations.
Compare Related Areas of Study
Compare up to three additional degrees
Ways to Save
MSN Program Learning Outcomes:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and a variety of sciences in diverse settings for the purpose of improving nursing care
- Apply organizational and systems leadership concepts to promote quality patient care
- Evaluate performance improvement processes designed for the purpose of providing quality patient care
- Apply research outcomes and evidence-based practice to recommendations for improved patient care
- Synthesize health policy processes established for the advocacy of quality healthcare
- Integrate interprofessional collaboration to the management of patient and population health outcomes
- Apply organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts to clinical prevention and population care to identified populations
Please see each individual MSN Concentration page for specific admission requirements.
Where do I go from here?
Choosing to continue your education with is a big decision and we're here to help. Choose one of the options below to get started.
Start the conversation
Submit your details and speak to an admissions advisor within the next day:Request Information
Chat or call an Admissions Advisor today.1-855-230-0555
Cost of this degree may be reduced based on one or more of the following:
Program details are provided lower on the page.
Classes start May 24, 2022!
Program Disclosure Information for the Master of Science in Nursing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Employment and Completion Rates
Employment Rate: 83.00%*
Reporting Period: 1/1/2020 through 12/31/2020 program graduates
Date Submitted: 02/2022
Completion Rate: 76.00%
Reporting Period: 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2018 program entrants
Date Submitted: 02/2022
* Nursing Employment Rate Calculation:
Number of employed graduates/completers, divided by the number of eligible graduates/completers.
- This Employment Rate is calculated separately for each program; e.g. baccalaureate and master’s. In calculating this Employment Rate, CTU counts graduates/completers as “Employed” if they report employment at any job within 12 months of program completion.
- This rate excludes graduates who have elected not to be employed.
Nurse Practitioners Certification Exam Pass Rate
As reported by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANP)
MSN-FNP* Graduate Exam Pass Rate: 87%
*There were no PGC-FNP exam pass rate information completers available for the period of 1/1/2021 to 12/31/2021.