According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent and add 439,300 jobs from 2014 to 2024, putting it far ahead of the average pace of job growth in the United States1. This increased demand emphasizes the need for a new generation of nurses with the knowledge and skills to quickly adapt and contribute to a variety of healthcare settings, and it all starts with a great education.
Colorado Technical University has designed its Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) and Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs to prepare new and current nursing students for the future of this growing profession. Utilizing an ever-evolving curriculum, distinguished faculty and a commitment to personalized learning, CTU provides each student with the opportunity to excel both in the classroom and beyond.
Online Learning Experience
You may be new to online learning, but CTU isn’t. Our innovative, award-winning virtual campus, mobile app, and intellipath adaptive learning platform gives you control over when, where, and how you learn. With Virtual Campus, students can complete assignments, participate in class discussions and interact with faculty on a schedule that suits their busy lifestyle. And whether you're commuting to your afternoon shift on the train or sitting at your favorite corner coffee shop, the CTU Mobile application for iOS or Android enabled smartphones lets you turn any location into a fully enabled classroom.
From first-time online student to an experienced nurse looking to advance with a graduate degree, CTU understands that everyone arrives to class with different knowledge, experience and needs. That’s why we’ve integrated our Intellipath adaptive learning platform into every nursing course. At the beginning of each class, students complete a quick assessment to determine their familiarity with key concepts and proactively identify learning gaps. This innovative approach to personalized learning promotes engagement with course materials, retention of key information and consistency between individual courses. It also allows students to more easily skip course materials that they already know while identifying areas where they may need additional help.
Faculty & Staff
Colorado Technical University’s nursing faculty is led by distinguished nursing educators with diverse educational and professional backgrounds. Led by our Dean of Nursing, Ruth Tarantine, each member of our faculty and staff understands that success in nursing starts with a foundation of core knowledge and real-world application. They bring a powerful combination of theory and clinical expertise to the classroom as well as have mentored and advised students throughout their educational careers. Browse the bios below to learn about some of our most distinguished nursing faculty leaders.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
- The CCNE is a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Institutions that receive CCNE accreditation must focus on stimulating and continuously supporting quality improvement in nursing programs, maintain integrity, facilitate and engage in self-assessment, and create an environment of support for life-long learning, among other criteria. Read more about CTU’s CCNE-accredited RN-BSN degree program.
- Colorado Technical University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411). Read more here.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Occupational Outlook Handbook,” retrieved from the internet: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm#tab-6
Find Your Program
|Master||Family Nurse Practitioner||Online||View Degree|
|Master||Nursing Administration||Online||View Degree|
|Master||Nursing Education||Online||View Degree|
|Doctorate||Nursing Practice||Online||View Degree|
No results were found for the criteria selected. Contact an advisor to help find the right program for you. 855-230-0655
Program details are provided after the form.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs