- Ph.D., Business and Management, Virginia Tech (2003)
- Master of Hotel, Restaurant, Administration, University of South Carolina (1995)
- Bachelor of Science, HTM / Business, University of South Carolina (1994)
Dr. Michael Brizek is Professor and University Program Director in the College of Business and Management at Colorado Technical University. As Program Director, he oversees the curriculum and faculty of the accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing programs.
Dr. Brizek has served over 20 years in higher education and has held faculty and administrative positions for such institutions as Baltimore International College, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, University of Massachusetts, the University of South Carolina, and SC State University. Dr. Brizek has published over 30 refereed academic articles in his field along with a 2 books involving Corporate Entrepreneurship and Project Management. Dr. Brizek has presented at several academic conferences and sits on several editorial boards for various academic journals. Dr. Brizek has also been interviewed by several media outlets regarding business related issues which includes NPR Radio and Black Enterprise Magazine.
- Vinson, S.W., Brizek, M.G, (2017). No One is as Smart as Anyone-A Japanese Proverb: The Story of a High Performing Work Team, Journal of Business Cases and Applications, (Vol. 9).
- Wetiz, L., Brizek, M.G., (2017). Examining the Underrepresentation of Women Leadership within the Securities Brokerage Industry, Journal of Behavioral Studies in Business , (Vol. 16).
- Armistead, N., Brizek, M.G. (2015). Comparative Analysis of Individual Investor Portfolios Based on Behavioral Finance and Efficient Market Theories, Research in Business and Economics Journal, Vol. 10 pp. 1-16.
- Talafuse, A., Brizek, M.G. (2015). Traditional and Digital Media Advertising Preference: A Descriptive Evaluation of Billings Montana Mothers, Journal of Management and Marketing Research, Vol. 18 pp. 1-14.
- Brizek, M.G. (2013). Explaining Corporate Entrepreneurship: A Contemporary Literature Investigation, Journal of Management and Marketing Research, Vol. 14 pp. 1-13.
- Brizek, M.G. (2013). Coffee Wars- The Big Three: Starbucks, McDonald’s, and Dunkin’ Donuts, Journal of Case Research in Business and Economics, Vol.5, pp. 1-12.
- Brizek, M.G. (2010). Food Cloning an Ethical Consideration for Business Organizations, Journal of Academic and Business Ethics,Vol.3 Pp. 1-11.
- Brizek, Michael G., (2016), Evaluating the Complexity of Strategy Formulation within an Organization: A Phenomenological Perspective, SEINFORMS Annual Conference 2016, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Brizek, Michael G., (2015), The Use of Case Study Method in Order to Introduce Characteristics of Entrepreneurial Behavior in the Classroom, SEINFORMS Annual Conference 2015, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Brizek, Michael G., (2013), An Investigation of Common “Friction Points” amongst Hospitality Sector Operators within the Franchise Relationship, 2nd World Research Summit for Hospitality and Tourism, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida.
- Brizek, Michael G., Serban Claudia (2010), “Disney Property Management System (DPMS) – A Case Study”, 2010 Troy University Sorrell College of Business Research Symposium, Montgomery, Alabama.
- Brizek, Michael G. (2009), “Understanding Entrepreneurial Opportunity Recognition through the use of Rural Recreation Development”, 2009 Southern Academy of Entrepreneurship Annual Research Conference Proceedings, Columbus State University, Columbus, Georgia.
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 2018-present
- Editor in Chief, Zenith Business Review, 2013-present
- Editor in Chief, Open Journal of Leadership, 2013-present
- Editorial Board Member, Open Journal of Business and Management, 2013-present
- Editorial Board Member, The Southern Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2008-present.
- Member, The United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) (2001-present)
- Member, SEINFORMS (2017-presnt)
- Member, The Southern Association of Entrepreneurship (2008-present)
- Member, World Research Organization, (2006-present)
- Strategic Implementation and Formulation
- Competitive Strategies
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- The Donald R. Stoddard Presidential Educator of the Year, Strayer University, 2008.