Janet Durgin, Ph.D.
Program Chair - Online, College of Computer Science & Technology
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Equestrian hunter jumper. Cyberculture expert
Areas of Focus
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Ph.D Organization and Management, Specialization: Information Technology, Capella University (2005)
- M.S. Project Management (MPM), Business/Project Management, Keller Graduate School of Management (2003)
- M.S. Information Systems Management (MISM), Specialization: E-Commerce, Keller Graduate School of Management (2002)
- B.A. English, Specialization: Technical Communication, University of Central Florida (2000)
Dr. Janet Durgin has over 12 years’ experience as a Systems Engineering Manager for a large U.S. defense contractor, along with 7 years’ experience in academics serving as Program Chair and graduate instructor in the business, information technology and project management programs. As an IT Project Manager and Systems Engineer, Janet managed technical teams that built large information systems in the domain areas of Information Security, Production Operations, Engineering, Security, Supply Chain, and Logistics. As a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Janet has also conducted many lean process improvement events for several large organizations.