- EdD, Higher Education and Organizational Change, Benedictine University
- MA, English, University of Texas at San Antonio
- BS, U.S. Air Force Academy
Dr. Jennifer Daines started with CTU in 2010 as an English Composition instructor at the Colorado Springs Campus, where she brought over ten years of professional writing experience in government and the private sector to the classroom to help students build confidence and improve their writing skills. She began her career in the Air Force, where she served as a personnel officer, foreign disclosure officer, and diversity officer, leading people and managing programs in progressively larger organizations. During her time in the Air Force, she developed and taught training courses in writing, foreign disclosure, diversity, and sexual assault awareness.
Jennifer has taught at various institutions and is experienced at teaching in traditional face-to-face, blended, and online classrooms. Within the College of General Education and Psychology at CTU, she has served as Program Chair for the Colorado Campuses, Online Program Chair, and most recently as Executive Program Director.
- Daines, J., Yorks, K. (2021, April). Language, Power, and the Online Classroom. ELearning Consortium of Colorado (eLCC), the Northwest Managers of Education Technology (NW/MET), and the NW eLearning Community (NWeLearn) combined virtual conference, 2021.
- Daines, J., Trojanowski, N., & Willis, L. (2020, August). Inspiring Online Faculty to Increase Engagement through Multi-Media Presence, Colorado Learning and Teaching with Technology (COLTT) virtual conference, 2020.
- Daines, J., Wandler, C. (2019, November). Serving those who Served: Helping Veterans Succeed in the Tech-enabled Classroom. WCET Annual Meeting, 2019. Denver, CO.
- Daines, J., Kahn, A. (2018, August). Exploring Adaptive Learning and Student Success. Colorado Learning and Teaching with Technology (COLTT) conference, 2018. Boulder, CO.
- Daines, J. (2017, November). Replaced by Robots: Easing Faculty Fears Surrounding Adaptive Learning. WCET Annual Meeting, 2017. Denver, CO.
- Daines, J., Kahn, A., Swetz, K. (2017, August). Flipping the Narrative on Adaptive Learning. Colorado Learning and Teaching with Technology (COLTT) conference, 2017. Boulder, CO.
- Daines, J., Santiago, J.,Troka,T. (2016, June 26). Improving Performance in Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus by Incorporating Adaptive Learning Technology into Blended Models on Campus Paper presented at 2016 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, New Orleans, Louisiana. 10.18260/p.25624
Jennifer’s research interests combine two of her passions – working with veterans and helping students overcome barriers to succeed in the classroom. She is most interested in helping institutions better serve veterans and other nontraditional learners through presenting on topics including adaptive learning, language and power dynamics in the classroom, and the unique needs of veteran students transitioning out of the military and into college.