Classes start February 13, 2018!
Engineering and Computer Science
D. Brian Letort, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Ocean Springs, MS
Proponent of Big Data. Innovator. Kayaker.
- Ph.D. Information Technology, Capella University (2012)
- M.S. Information Technology, Capella University (2010)
- B.S. Computer Science, (2001)
Dr. D. Brian Letort is a recognized leader with a history of introducing innovation to solve complex business challenges. Dr. Letort possesses 14 years of industry experience in the areas of Software Engineering, Systems Engineering. His current role is as a Systems Architect. In this role, Dr. Letort leads advanced technology research as well as completes enterprise system architectures to be used in project implementations.
Dr. Letort’s areas of interests include Cloud Computing, Software and Systems Engineering, Database Theory and Design, and Data Science. Dr. Letort believes that Data Science and use of big data within various analytics practices are the “missing links” to enable businesses to operate with informed data-driven decisions.
Dr. Letort is an active member of ACM and consults with many non-profit organizations and has delivered many publications, presentations, and speeches on data science.
Academic Specialization/Focus at CTU
Software Engineering, Database Design, IT Architectures, and Cloud Computing
I am “IN” at CTU since I find enormous gratification from sharing my experience and knowledge, observing students absorb, and then apply to their own experience or ‘communication coordinate system’, which then perpetuates new insight and knowledge. The shared vision of education excellence and continuous improvement amongst CTU faculty and staff is second-to-none.
Every student is unique in their professional experiences, background, and lifelong educational goals. As a course facilitator, my role is to make it personal and assist students in finding what techniques work best for their academic growth. No matter how much IT experience, or lack thereof, a student may have, we possess similar goals. These goals perpetuate a partnership to achieve academic and subject-area excellence. It is my job to do everything in my power to facilitate this journey!
Fitness (weightlifting, running, and bike riding), Kayaking, Reading, and Animal Rescue
- Letort, D. (2013). Business analytics innovation: Transferring data liabilities into systematic assets. SEAG 2013.
- Letort, D. (2012). Factors influencing the F/OSS cloud computing software product success: A quantitative study. Retrieved from ProQuest Digital Dissertations.
- Demetriou, G., Froeseth, J., Letort, D., McKinney, D., Robertson,J., & Simons, G. (2004). VisiLogic: An animated visual tool for teaching digital logic. In Proceedings: IC-AI, 1028-1032.
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Software and Systems Engineering