Classes start July 3, 2018!
Tara Bell, M.Ed.
- Nursing Advisory Council
- Denver, CO
- Lifelong science, CTE, and health science educator.
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, Weber State University (2007)
- BS, Biology Teacher Education, Weber State University (1999)
Tara Bell is a member of Colorado Technical University’s Nursing Advisory Council. As a member of the council, Bell works to maintain the link between CTU’s nursing degree programs and the profession as a whole. The Nursing Advisory Council ensures that CTU’s nursing curriculum is always relevant and current by leveraging the individual professional expertise of its members.
Bell currently serves as Program Director for Health Science and Public Safety at the Colorado Community College System. Prior to taking on that role, she taught high school health science for seven years before becoming a CTE Coordinator and then the State Specialist for Health Science Education in Utah. She relocated to Colorado in 2013.
Bell has been involved with HOSA: Future Health Professionals for over 17 years. She is committed to providing industry-approved curriculum and resources for health science and public safety teachers in Colorado and beyond. Bell was recently appointed to the National Consortium for Health Science Education (NCHSE) Executive Board as the chair for Curriculum and Master Teaching Conferences.
Areas of Expertise:
- Secondary and postsecondary health science education
- Secondary and postsecondary public safety education
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
I am in because education creates opportunity, and CTU provides relevant education that students can use in their lives immediately.
My teaching philosophy has always been to aspire to excellence and enjoy the process of learning. Also, if you are having challenges with any of the courses during your program of study, please reach out to your instructor. We are here to serve our students.
I love sports and athletics, and exercise all of the time, including walking outdoors. My family is very important to me and I stay very engaged in the lives of my two sons who are 20 and 17. I love movies and dancing.
- Johnson, C. and Dulabaum, N. (2011). An Innovative Model for Guiding and Mentoring Faculty: Online and Face to Face. Presentation SLOAN-C conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Johnson, C. (2011). American Intercontinental University and MyFoundationsLab. Presentation Pearson Publishing Divisional Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- Johnson, C. (2010). A Mentoring Program for College Freshman at Risk : An Evaluative Study, Applied Dissertation. Nova Southeastern University.
- Johnson, C. (2010). Shifting the File Paradigm: Moving Multiple Campuses from Paper to Electronic Files to Improve Efficiency and Student Customer Service. Presentation AACRAO Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 2012-Present. Member ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
- 2012-Present. Member Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- 2012-Present. Peer Evaluator Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- 2011-present. ACBSP
- 2008-2010. NASPA
- 2007-present. Member of AACRAO
- Adaptive Learning and Technology in the Classroom
- Improving Student Retention and Persistence
- Effective Academic Leadership
- Supporting students who may be at risk of dropping out of college