Have questions about how to apply for college at Colorado Technical University? We’ve compiled the answers to commonly asked questions we receive. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact us at any time.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about college applications
The CTU online application may be completed at any time, and students may enroll for classes starting 9 times a year in January, February, March, May, June, August, September, October, and December 2021. To learn more about the next upcoming deadline for enrollment, please contact us.
We’ve outlined the process for applying for college at CTU on the Student Admissions Process page, but here’s a quick overview:
- Do your research by exploring your goals and what CTU has to offer.
- Schedule a meeting with an admissions advisor (in person for our Colorado campuses, over the phone for online students).
- Complete an online application. There is no fee to apply and the form takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
Keep in mind, the college admission process may vary depending on the type of degree you want to pursue and the degree program you’re interested in. Your Admissions Advisor will help you identify the documentation and information you need to gather to submit a complete application. Refer to the Admissions section of the University Catalog for additional information about the admissions process and requirementsStudent Admissions Process
CTU is an open enrollment private university. Open admission means that CTU does not require any assessment testing as part of the admissions acceptance process (examples include SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, GRE, GMAT). There are no GPA requirements, however proof of high school graduation or GED equivalency is a CTU admissions requirement for new undergraduate students.
Completion of the CTU admissions process will depend on how quickly you complete the steps in the CTU online application process. Many students choose to complete the application process over the phone with an advisor, but completing your application online is also an option. Once you’ve completed the online application, you may hear from an advisor within the following 24 hours to discuss the next steps toward starting your degree program.
Master’s and Doctoral programs may have additional entrance requirements that take additional processing time. See the Admissions section of the University Catalog for details.Student Admissions Process
*Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for CTU's transfer credit policies.
There are many different types of Financial Aid* that can be used to help finance your education.
If you’re seeking Federal Student Aid, you are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA. You may need this information when you apply:
- CTU Online FAFSA School Code: 010148
- CTU Aurora (Outside Denver) FAFSA School Code: E00840
- CTU Colorado Springs FAFSA School Code: 010148
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Yes. Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Many degree programs are also programmatically accredited.
There are many reasons why students have chosen CTU to further their education, and here are some of the highlights:
- You control how, when and where you learn through our personalized learning system, intellipath®
- Advanced technology like the CTU Mobile App where you can manage your education from the palm of your hand.
- We are committed to applied, real-world learning through our Professional Learning Model.
- We offer ongoing Career Services for students and alumni.
- We offer classes on a 5.5- or 11-week schedule depending on the course and delivery option (on campus or online).
- CTU has a rich online community and opportunities for professional networking.
- Our faculty members are actively engaged in demonstrating thought leadership through blog articles, whitepapers, and e-books.
- CTU is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant.
- CTU’s online MBA program was ranked as a 2020 Tier One Global Online MBA School by CEO Magazine.