Classes start April 2, 2019!
Career Education Scholarship Fund
(CESF) is dedicated to providing scholarships to full-time students who attend a school owned by Career Education Corporation and have financial need. To be considered for a need-based scholarship of $500 to $2,000 per academic year from the Career Education Scholarship Fund, students should complete a scholarship application and return it to the financial aid office at their school.
In addition to the CTU General Grant and Scholarship Conditions, students must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship is used exclusively toward current, past, or future charges.
- There will be no restriction based upon age, race, creed, color, or sex.
- The scholarship recipient must be a full-time student currently attending or enrolled for a future start at Colorado Technical University.
- The scholarship recipient must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine if there is an unmet financial need in order to receive this need-based scholarship.
- Current students must be in good academic standing.
- Newly enrolled students must have been in good academic standing at their last institution.
- The Career Education Scholarship Fund will require the potential scholarship recipient to provide sufficient information to also be judged on the following criteria:
- Essay – Applicant’s maximum 500 word typed essay on the following topic: "Why are you seeking a CESF scholarship and how will receiving it help you meet your educational and career goals?"
- The scholarship is awarded proportionately over each quarter in the academic year.
- Members of the Scholarship selection committees, Career Education Scholarship Fund Director’s, Career Education Corporation employees, Colorado Technical University employees and their immediate families shall not be eligible for the Scholarship.
- Students must attend the qualifying quarter prior to the scholarship being awarded.
- All scholarships are applied as a credit to the student’s account in equal installments at the beginning of each term in the respective academic year and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
- If a student withdraws or otherwise terminates his/her attendance at Colorado Technical University prior to the academic year’s conclusion, any unused portion of the scholarship reverts back to the Career Education Scholarship Fund pursuant to the refund policy.
The grant is non-transferable and non-substitutable. Interested candidates should contact the Financial Aid Department for additional information.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.