- Military Overview
- Military Benefits & Financial Aid
- Credit for Service
- Why CTU for Military?
- Active Duty
- Military Spouse
CTU Patriot Scholarship
In 2008, Colorado Technical University created a scholarship to give back to those whose lives have been altered due to injury while serving in the United States Armed Forces. For many, the impact of an injury reaches farther than the service member alone. That’s why CTU annually awards a scholarship to fifty eligible wounded service members, their spouses, non-medical attendant or caregiver and dependents.
As of November 2017, CTU has awarded 500 scholarships, totaling $8.5 million. This year marked 10 years of awarding the Wounded Warrior Scholarship, as it was known. However, as we reflected on the success of this scholarship, we wanted to ensure that the scholarship retains a strong reputation that reflects our commitment. Therefore, in 2018, (for the 2019 scholarship applications) we are changing the name to the CTU Patriot Scholarship.
We believe this name better reflects the spirit of our recipients. Our scholarship recipients are strong, fierce and determined. They are more than the wounds they received in battle. They are loyal, supportive and enduring. They are Patriots and we look to recognize them as such.
Scholarship recipients have the option to pursue their degree either as an online student or at one of our Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs or Aurora. A dedicated Student Success Coach and specially trained advisors are available to support scholarship recipients throughout their academic journey.
Candidates for the scholarship must:
- Be an active service member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces having received medical treatment due a service connected disability (or spouse/non-medical attendant or unmarried dependent of).
- Meet the application requirements of CTU including being able to provide proof of high school graduation or equivalency document.
- The 2019 Patriot Scholarship application period is closed. The application period will reopen in the Spring of 2019.
Questions? Email: Patriot@coloradotech.edu
Please refer to the CTU Patriot Scholarship Application for full details regarding eligibility.
Attend College Anywhere, Anytime
Scholarship recipients have the option to complete their degree online or on one of CTU’s campuses in Colorado Springs or Aurora. Whether receiving rehabilitation services or caring for a service member as they recover, the option to study online or at a campus allows students the flexibility needed to suit their lifestyle.
Program details are provided after the form.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs