Colorado Technical University’s nursing articles cover a range of topics relevant to the field. If you’re interested in learning more about different types of career paths in nursing, or types of nursing jobs, our nursing articles might be able to provide both current and aspiring nurses with new information and insight. Our nursing articles may also be able to answer questions you have about traditional and online nursing degree programs, and, in doing so, could inspire you to do further research or give you a new perspective that could help you decide whether going back to school is the right choice for your individual situation.
The following are just some of the issues addressed by CTU’s collection of nursing articles:
- Graduating from an RN program is a major accomplishment in the life of an aspiring nurse, but for many, it’s just the first step—taking and passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) is necessary in order to become a licensed nurse, but how should you study for it?
- Pursuing a nursing degree in an RN-to-BSN program could potentially open up new professional opportunities, but how do you decide whether to pursue a traditional or online nursing degree program? What factors should be considered?
- RN programs are designed to help nurses prepare to pursue additional nursing pathways, but you may not be aware that there are various nursing careers that exist outside of doctor’s offices and hospital settings. What are some of these career paths?
- What hard and soft skills should you work to develop as you pursue your chosen nursing degree program, and how might these skills help you prepare for different career paths in nursing?
Colorado Technical University’s Online Nursing Degree Programs
CTU’s award-winning1 College of Nursing offers online nursing degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. We offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program; a Master of Science in Nursing program that is offered with concentrations in nursing administration, nursing education, or family nurse practitioner; and a Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Because our online nursing programs are designed by nurses for nurses, students/candidates must possess an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the United States. Full admission requirements can be found in the University Catalog.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice degree programs at Colorado Technical University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Benefits of a Colorado Technical University Education
CTU understands that busy adults may need flexibility in order to pursue their educational goals, and we also understand that many students have acquired knowledge outside of the classroom that could be relevant to their chosen degree program. That is why we offer tools that can help provide the flexibility you’re looking for, such as CTU Mobile and CTU Virtual Classroom, which offer the convenience of accessing your assignments, grades, discussion boards, and more, wherever and whenever you’re connected to the Internet.
We also offer opportunities to earn prior learning credit that could help reduce your overall time to graduation.2 By submitting an Experiential Learning Portfolio (ELP), for example, students have an opportunity to demonstrate how prior life or work experience meets the objectives of a particular course, making it possible to receive course credit for that experience. And although standardized tests such as the SAT or GRE are not required for admission to CTU, doing well on optional standardized exams (i.e., AP Exams, CLEP tests, DANTES Subject Standardization Tests) could further reduce the number of classes you have to take to earn your degree.2 Additionally, both active duty and former military members may be able to take advantage of military education benefits,2 such as reduced military tuition rates or the opportunity to convert military experience into course credit.
While you’re exploring our nursing articles, take some time to learn more about CTU’s online degree programs in nursing.
1. CTU has been recognized by Skyfactor Benchworks, a Macmillan Learning Company, as one of the first recipients of the Assessment and Impact Award for Nursing Education..
2. Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
CTU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states.