A degree may open the door to a variety of opportunities and diverse career paths. The degree programs offered at CTU will not necessarily lead to the featured careers. This collection of articles is intended to help inform and guide you through the process of determining which level of degree and types of certifications align with your desired career path.
What is Colorado Technical University?
Colorado Technical University (CTU) is an accredited education institution that offers industry-relevant degree programs with a real-world focus. We aim to connect you with the resources and tools to succeed and to take control of when, how and what you study. Our flexible degree programs are designed to help you work to develop foundational knowledge and practical skills to pursue your educational goals.
CTU began as a technical school located in a roller rink in Manitou Spring, Colorado, in 1965. Over time, we grew to become a university with physical campuses throughout Colorado. Thirty years after our founding, in 1995, we expanded our reach to students all across the country and around the globe with the launch of our online campus.
CTU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and also holds a number of programmatic accreditations. We offer degree programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, spanning seven areas of study—Business and Management, Engineering and Computer Science, Healthcare, Information Technology, Nursing, Project Management and Security Studies.
Learn more about our university, mission, commitment to the military and more by visiting the About CTU page.
How long has Colorado Technical University been around?
Colorado Technical University has been providing quality education to students since our founding over 55 years ago in 1965. Today, the majority of our programs are offered in online, hybrid and on-campus options to give you greater control over how and when you learn. CTU Online® and CTU campus-based degree programs are offered in a range of subject areas and concentrations.
Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. We also hold programmatic accreditation from various independent accrediting bodies. Learn more about CTU’s accreditations.
As a testament to the quality of our degree programs, CTU has been ranked on various U.S. News & World Report “Best” lists, including Best Online Bachelor’s Programs, Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, Best Online Master’s in Criminal Justice Programs, Best Online Master’s in Computer Information Technology Programs and more, several years in a row. See the full list of CTU’s rankings by U.S. News & World Report on our Awards & Recognitions page.
Is Colorado Technical University (CTU) accredited?
Yes. Colorado Technical University (CTU) holds both institutional and programmatic accreditation.
Accreditation aims to ensure that an educational institution’s programs meet acceptable levels of quality. Accrediting agencies establish standards, determine whether a school meets those standards and issue accreditation to that institution if it meets the agency’s criteria.
- Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering programs at the Colorado Springs Campus are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
- The business degree programs offered by Colorado Technical University are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- CTU’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Post Graduate APRN Certificate—Family Nurse Practitioner, and Doctor of Nursing Practice degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management, Bachelor of Project Management, Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management, Master of Science in Management with a concentration in Project Management, Master of Science in Management with a concentration in Information Systems Security, Master of Science in Management with a concentration in Information Technology/Project Management, and Master of Science in Management with a concentration in Project Management degree programs are accredited by the PMI Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
Visit the CTU Accreditation & Licensure page for more information.
Is Colorado Technical University closing?
No. Colorado Technical University is not closing. In fact, we offer more than 80 program options from the associate through doctoral levels in convenient and flexible online and/or on-campus attendance options that are designed to fit busy lifestyles. Visit our Admissions FAQs page for more information about applying to CTU.
We also have campus locations in Colorado Springs and Denver South. CTU Colorado Springs is situated just north of Colorado Springs, near Pike’s Peak, and is within driving distance of downtown Colorado Springs and several U.S. military bases. CTU Denver South is close to ski resorts, national parks and the southeast Denver metropolitan business community.
Though campus locations in Kansas City, Pueblo and Sioux Falls are no longer open, former students of these locations can still request information concerning transcripts, financial aid and other relevant information. Learn more here.
Does CTU offer financial aid?
Yes, CTU offers federal financial aid for those who apply and qualify. If you are considering taking out student loans to help cover the cost of your education, you should make sure that you understand what the full cost of your education will be and what your student loan debt will be once you have completed your education. CTU Financial Aid Tools contains a link to a student loan repayment calculator that may help you gain perspective around your student-loan borrowing. You should also visit our page on repaying federal student loans for additional information about types of student loans, repayment options, deferment and forbearance and the consequences of defaulting on your student loans.
CTU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states.
Get More Details
Complete the form and:
- An admissions advisor will contact you shortly
- Get scholarship and financial aid information
- Learn about specific degree programs