Master of Science in Management - IT and Project Management
Colorado Technical University’s Master of Science in Management with an Information Technology and Project Management concentration is designed to help you prepare to manage the current and future challenges within the project management field and the IT industry. Today’s IT project managers fulfill an important business role in integrating and managing a company’s information and technology tools. Employment of computer and information systems managers is projected to grow 12 percent from 2016 to 2026, as companies increasingly expand their operations to digital platforms, predicts the Bureau of Labor Statistics.1 This program is globally accredited by PMI® Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC). In addition to a solid management core, you have the opportunity to choose between two additional computer science or IT courses, which provides an opportunity to round out your technical knowledge in this program.
Ranked Among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs
CTU programs ranked among the best online graduate business programs (excluding MBA) by U.S. News & World Report.2
CTU strives to make it convenient to stay on top of coursework anytime, anywhere with CTU Mobile. Classes begin every 8 weeks and run 5½ weeks long.
Relevant Institutional/Programmatic Accreditation
CTU is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission www.hlcommission.org
CTU's Master of Science in Management - Information Technology and Project Management program is accredited by the PMI Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC)*
- Aurora (Denver Area)
Course Title Course Description Credit Hours MGMT690 Strategic Management in Dynamic Environments 4 IT610 Relational Database Management Systems 4 IT612 Database Analysis, Design and Implementation 4 IT640 Networking and Telecommunications 4 IT642 Network Administration 4 IT660 Information Technology Systems Development 4 IT662 IT Systems Implementation 4 PM600 Project Management Processes in Organizations 4 PM610 Project Planning, Execution and Closure 4 PM620 Schedule and Cost Control Techniques 4 PM630 Contracting and Procurement in Project Management 4 PM665 Project Management Capstone 4
Total Credit Hours: 48
Total tuition for this degree program will vary depending on your educational needs, existing experience, and other factors.
View our tuition resources page for links to information on our civilian and military student tuition, books and fees.Estimate your costs, potential savings and graduation date
Ways to Save
Cost of this degree may be reduced based on one or more of the following:
Learn about today’s challenges from professors who are experts in their fields, plus subject matter experts predicting the trends of tomorrow. Immerse yourself in our university thought leadership to begin experiencing the power of CTU’s powerful network.
- Syria: Why Its Future Matters to More than the Middle East
- Iran's Nuclear Program: Challenges and Policy Options
- From Poverty to Power: What China's Emerging Status as a Superpower Means for the United States
- Nuclear Weapons and the Threat They Pose
- Pandemics - The Threat That Will Never Go Away
- Global Security Series - The North Korean Threat
- Active Shooters - The Quiet Threat That Dwells in Your Backyard
Where do I go from here?
Choosing to continue your education is a big decision and we're here to help. Choose one of the options below to get started.
Submit your details and speak to an admissions advisor within the next day:
Submit a no-fee online application. An advisor will get in touch after your application is received to schedule an interview (required before enrolling):
Classes start October 2, 2018!
Gainful Employment and Other Student Disclosures
Below you can find placement rates and other information tailored to your chosen campus and program. Certain disclosures are published on this website to assist students in understanding the facts about their programs.
-- Select Campus Above --
Online Programs - Master of Science in Management - IT PM
Aurora (Denver Area) - Master of Science in Management - IT PM
** Colorado Springs -- Discontinued Program - Master of Science in Management - IT PM
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Computer and Information Systems Managers, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm#tab-6
2. CTU programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 best online programs. https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/colorado-technical-university-126827/rankings
* The GAC logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. For the full list of PMI’s legal marks, please contact the PMI Legal department.