Table of Contents
View or download an abbreviated reference guide that covers the 12 most valuable features CTU Mobile offers, pathways to the most frequently accessed areas of the online learning experience, and comparisons that help you decide which resource to use: smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
1.1 What is CTU Mobile?
CTU Mobile is a mobile application created for smartphones and tablets that allows you to login to the CTU Virtual Campus via most Android devices to access your student ID, current courses, grades, instructor feedback, as well as complete and submit assignment work. CTU Mobile combines some of the best features of the Virtual Classroom to help you stay connected with timely notifications and manage your education on-the-go.
Which devices support CTU Mobile?
You can install CTU Mobile on many Android mobile devices (mobile phones with minimum screen size of 3.5” and tablets) that have Android 4.3 and newer operating systems.
How CTU Mobile Works:
CTU Mobile connects to the CTU Virtual Campus via the Internet and allows you to login for access to your current courses via the CTU Virtual Classroom.
CTU Mobile offers you:
- At-a-glance convenience: course and university tasks at your fingertips, access to course materials and assignments, and academic progress within reach
- Real-time notifications: grade status updates, essential learning activities, and due date reminders
- Streamlined views: one-tap access, easy organization, fast navigation, and access to key university personnel like instructors, Student Advising, and many more
- Education management for busy people: sortable tasks, add assignments and due dates as events to your device’s native calendar, and update your student profile picture
How much does CTU Mobile cost?
CTU Mobile is available to CTU students at no additional cost.
1.2 How to Install CTU Mobile:
- On your Android device, open Google Play.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Enter CTU Mobile in the search field.
- Select CTU Mobile in the search results to go to the app page.
- Follow the standard installation procedure.
2.1 Logging in to the Virtual Campus
Login using the same Username and Password you use to login via a laptop or desktop computer.
Tapping the Remember Me button will allow CTU Mobile to remember your Username. To keep your Student Profile secure, you will need to enter your Password each time you login.
2.2 App Overview
The CTU Mobile interface consists of a Home view and a Menu view. The Menu view can be found by swiping the Home view to the right or tapping the Menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Offering one-click convenience, a series of preview sections offers a snapshot of important insights for the current session.
- Degree: View the progress you’re making in your degree program.
- Classes: View your class grades, assignment details such as grade and instructor feedback, and number of days remaining in the term. Countdown of days left in the term begin once there is only 15 days remaining.
- Upcoming Tasks: View (as applicable) upcoming and overdue assignments and other important deliverables.
- Motivation: Each day, find new motivation to stay determined and achieve your educational goals.
- Contacts: Top three university contacts are just a tap away by email and/or phone. Additional contacts and departments can be found by tapping the Contacts icon in the navigation ribbon at the bottom of the screen.
In addition to the summary of your classes in the Home view, Classes takes you directly to each Virtual Classroom. Swipe the Home view to the right and tap Classes in the Menu view. Tap the desired class name.
- Course Info: View a summary of each course or tap ‘View Course Info (PDF)’ to see additional course information on your mobile device. As CTU Mobile accesses a PDF, it might take a few moments longer than a typical screen change. Your carrier’s standard data usage charges apply when not accessing the PDF over a wireless network.
- Class Assignments: On the first tab, your assignments for the entire term will be displayed.
- Sort assignments by All, Upcoming, Graded, or Due Date.
- Graded assignments will show the grade and points you earned.
- View instructor feedback by tapping ‘Feedback.’
- Access Discussion Board assignments by tapping ‘Discussion Board’ where you can read, post, and reply to others’ posts.
- View Individual Project assignment details with CTU Mobile; to ensure APA formatting requirements are met, complete and submit Individual Project work from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Access to intellipath assignments is available, though only on tablet devices and may not be fully functional based on the individual assignment.
- Announcements: On the second tab, your class-specific instructor announcements will be displayed.
- Sort announcements by Current, Dismissed, or Due Date.
- Current announcements appearing in bold text are unread.
- Current announcements appearing in regular text have been previously opened and/or read.
- To dismiss a current announcement, slide the announcement to the left.
- To mark a current announcement read, slide the announcement to the right.
- To read a current announcement, tap on it and click the X in the upper right corner of the announcement to close it.
- Dismissed announcements can be restored by tapping, sliding to the left.
- Live Chats: On the third tab, your class-specific Live Chat schedule can be viewed and entry into a scheduled Live Chat is possible.
- To enter a scheduled Live Chat, it must be ‘In Session’ at the scheduled time.
- To view and participate in Live Chats, download and install Adobe Connect Mobile, a free, third-party app. The first time you enter a Live Chat, ‘Enter as a Guest’ and CTU Mobile will register you on the same mobile device and connect you to future Live Chats directly.
- Viewing archived Live Chats, you must have a mobile web browser which supports Flash installed on your device. See section 3.3 for more detail.
Within each class, tap on an assignment to launch various, convenient functions.
- Assignment Overview: View a synopsis of the assignment and access assignment objectives.
- Details: View a detailed description of the assignment.
- Scenario: View the assignment grading rubric.
- Learn: View general course materials. While access to M.U.S.E. content is possible in some instances, it is best to access M.U.S.E. from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Read: View e-textbook chapters recommended for each assignment and access your e-textbook through CTU Mobile.
- My Work: Access Discussion Boards and Individual Projects. Access to Intellipath assignments and Discussion Boards are available through the Puffin browser.
- Assignment Description: View important instructions to support your successful completion of the assignment.
Conveniently located in one location, all your Current and Dismissed tasks can be found on two tabs.
- Integrated with your mobile device’s calendar, tap Add to Calendar to open a new appointment window, prepopulated with the most important details.
- Dismiss tasks by swiping a task on the Current tab to the left. Restore a task by swiping a task on the Dismissed tab to the left.
Important CTU contacts are grouped together, just tap the appropriate icon to send an email or place a call.
- My CTU Contacts includes your Student Success Coach, Financial Aid Advisor, Admissions Advisor, and Career Services Advisor.
- Class Instructors includes your current instructors and their individual office hours. As your classes change with each new term, this section will automatically be updated for you.
- CTU Departments includes descriptions and hours of operations for key university departments.
Notifications have been designed to support you throughout your CTU learning experience. Grant permission for CTU Mobile to send you notifications and stay up to date. Turn notifications on or off in Settings > Preferences > Push Notifications.
- Vital notifications will appear outside of the app on your device’s home screen in addition to appearing in the Notifications Center of the app.
- Reminders and other helpful messages will appear inside the app in the Notifications Center.
- On the Home view, look for the school bell icon in the upper right corner of the screen to see how many new notifications you’ve received since you were last logged into CTU Mobile. Tapping on the bell icon will take you to the CTU Mobile Notifications Center to view all notifications you have not dismissed or that have not expired. Most notifications are set to automatically expire in 7 days.
Access your digital student ID, upload or change your student ID photo, set app preferences, refer a friend to CTU, find user Help and FAQs, and provide feedback, all within Settings.
- Profile: Access your digital student ID; upload or change your student ID photo
- Preferences: Turn CTU Mobile notifications on or off
- School Website (Virtual Campus): https://studentlogin.coloradotech.edu/_layouts/login/login.aspx
- School Website (Denver Campus): https://my.denver.coloradotech.edu
- School Website (Colorado Springs Campus): https://my.cs.coloradotech.edu
- Refer-a-Friend: /contact/refer-a-friend
- FAQs: Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about attending CTU.
- How to: Find help to technical questions about the CTU Mobile app.
- Shout out for CTU Mobile: We want to hear from you; your feedback lets us know what you find most useful about the CTU Mobile app.
- Suggestion for CTU Mobile: Be honest, if something about the CTU Mobile app doesn’t meet your expectations, we want to know and we want to know why.
3.1 Connecting with your Course Work
Course work is an interactive and engaging part of every class, from interacting with instructors and classmates to expressing yourself in the assignments you complete. At CTU, you control what, where, when, and how you learn, so you’re less likely to be standing still and more likely to be learning something new. With CTU Mobile, your active lifestyle is what we had in mind when designing features that make learning anywhere a rewarding experience..
- In addition to the Home and Menu view, from the Class view, find the most important features, Discussion Boards, Individual Projects, Course Materials, and Live Chats..
3.2 Scheduled Live Chats
To access a scheduled Live Chat, it must be in session. The first time you access a Live Chat via CTU Mobile, select ‘Guest’ to enter, type your first and last name, and tap the ‘Enter’ button. CTU Mobile will remember you on the same device every time thereafter.
If using your device’s native dictation feature to contribute to a Live Chat in session, your device may mute the audio stream from the Live Chat until you’ve completed dictating. After completion, the audio stream will be restored.
In the event, the Adobe app crashes during your participation in a Live Chat, return to CTU Mobile and re-enter the session as you previously did. To optimize your experience, it is recommended that you close all non-essential apps that may be running on your device during the Live Chat session.
3.3 Archived Live Chats
Archived live chats are available on the mobile app. These chats are usually available on the app 4-6 hours after a chat has ended. To view a chat sooner, log into your virtual campus from your desktop.
4.1 In-app Support
Located in Settings you’ll find a wealth of information by tapping Help and FAQs or How To. How To provides user support related to functionality of the app. FAQs are frequently asked questions about attending CTU.
4.2 Technical Support
The CTU Technical Support team is available to help you around the clock, every day of the week. Call (866) 907-4212.
4.3 Username and Password Support
If you forget your Username or Password, tap the link on the login screen of CTU Mobile or visit the login screen of the CTU Virtual Campus from a laptop or desktop computer and click ‘Forgot username and password?
Three unsuccessful login attempts will lock access to the CTU Mobile app. Wait one (1) minute for the app to unlock before making another attempt.
At CTU, we understand the value of self-improvement and there’s no better way to learn about areas of opportunity than to hear from students like you. Have an idea how to improve the CTU Mobile app experience? To share your thoughts, tap Settings and swipe up to display Submit App Feedback and choose Suggestion for CTU Mobile or Shout Out for CTU Mobile.
If you're not in the app, but still want to share your thoughts, send us an email at CTUMobile@CTUOnline.edu.
5.1 Adobe Connect Mobile
First-time users will need to select Guest’ when accessing a scheduled Live Chat. See section 3.2. The Adobe app will automatically reorient the view on your device to landscape/horizontal. In the event an instructor has made a Live Chat private, an advisory screen will appear in the Adobe app. No action is needed on your part. Once the instructor has accepted the request for you to join, you will automatically be redirected into the Live Chat. Once in the Live Chat, you will see a condensed version of the laptop/desktop computer version. The icon next to your name in the Attendees pod will show a mobile device, indicating you are attending the Live Chat using CTU Mobile. A variety of view formatting options are available through the Adobe app.