- Military Overview
- Military Benefits & Financial Aid
- Credit for Service
- Why CTU for Military?
- Active Duty
- Military Spouse
Wounded Warrior Scholarship
In 2008 Colorado Technical University created the Wounded Warrior Scholarship in partnership with the Yellow Ribbon Fund, Inc. to give back to those whose lives have been altered due to injury while serving in the United States Armed Forces. For many, the impact of an injury reaches farther than the service member alone. That’s why CTU annually awards the scholarship to fifty eligible wounded service members, their spouses, non-medical attendant or caregiver and, NEW FOR 2018, DEPENDENTS.
As of January 2017, CTU has awarded 450 Wounded Warrior Scholarships, totaling $7.3 million.
Scholarship recipients have the option to pursue their degree either as an online student or at one of our Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs or Aurora. A dedicated Student Success Coach and specially trained advisors are there to support scholarship recipients throughout their academic journey.
Candidates for the scholarship must:
- Be an active member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces (including Reserve and National Guard) injured (over 30%) while in service. OR
- Be a spouse or non-medical attendant of an active member or veteran injured while in service. OR
- Be a dependent unmarried child of an injured service member less than 23 years of age.
NEW FOR 2018
- Meet the application requirements of CTU including being able to provide proof of high school graduation or equivalency document.
- The application period for our 2018 scholarship has closed. Recipients will be notified by November 11, 2017.
- To receive a reminder when the application for the 2019 Scholarship is available, please enter your information using the Remind Me button above.
Questions? Email: WoundedWarriors@coloradotech.edu
Please refer to the CTU Wounded Warrior Scholarship Application for full details regarding eligibility.
Attend College Anywhere, Anytime
Scholarship recipients have the option to complete their degree online or on one of CTU’s campuses in Colorado Springs or Aurora. Whether receiving rehabilitation services or caring for a service member as they recover, the option to study online or at a campus allows students the flexibility needed to suit their lifestyle.