Classes Start soon
Apply Now
Request Information
Tuition Calculator
Estimate Cost and grad date

COVID-19 Notice: Colorado Technical University is open and serving students.

Program details are provided lower on the page.

Classes start October 26, 2021!

Request Information

Fill out this brief form and an admissions advisor will contact you within the next day.

By clicking the button below you agree to be contacted by CTU about education services (including through automated and/or pre-recorded means, e.g. dialing and text messaging) via telephone, mobile device (including SMS and MMS), and/or email, even if your telephone number or email address is on a corporate, state or the National Do Not Call Registry, and you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You understand that your consent is not required as a condition to purchase a good or service.


CTU participates in a number of federally funded financial aid programs, administered in accordance with prevailing federal and state laws and the school's institutional policies. Students must meet the eligibility requirements of these programs in order to participate. Students are responsible for providing all requested documentation in a timely manner; failure to do so may jeopardize financial aid eligibility. In order to remain eligible for federal financial aid, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined in the University Catalog.

Financial aid must be approved and all necessary documentation completed before the aid can be applied toward tuition and fees.

Eligibility for federal financial aid is based on a number of factors; but regardless of your current income level or financial need, you may still qualify for federal financial aid programs that can help offset the cost of your education.

For assistance on your FAFSA, you can contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).

Federal Pell Grant

Grants are free money, that is, they do not need to be paid back. The Pell grant program is designed to assist financially needy undergraduate students who desire to continue their education beyond high school. All students are encouraged to apply through the FAFSA. Eligibility is determined by a standard federal formula which includes family size, income and resources to determine financial need.

How much can I get?

The maximum amount of Pell Grant (for those who qualify) depends on program funding and may change each award year (July 1st - June 30th). The amount a student may receive depends on financial need, cost to attend school, enrollment status and the number of terms/payment periods attended.

2019-2020 Federal Pell Grant Program Maximum
Range $657 - $6,195
2020-2021 Federal Pell Grant Program Maximum
Range $639 - $6345

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is a grant program for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Priority is given first to students with Federal Pell Grant eligibility. The federal government allocates FSEOG funds to participating schools. This is a limited pool of funds and the school will determine the awarding criteria based on federal guidelines. Often, due to limited funding, FSEOG award resources are exhausted early in the award year.

How much can I get?

Amounts vary each award year based on the funding levels allocated to the school. For those who qualify, awards may vary based on financial need and the policies of the financial aid office.

FSEOG Maximum for an Award Year
Range $100 - $4,000

Federal Stafford Loans (Direct Loans)

Loans are money that must be paid back. Federal Stafford loans are low-interest loans that are made to the student. These loans do not require a credit check are available to pay for direct costs (tuition, fees, books and supplies). As of July 1st, 2010 all schools participate in The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. There are two types of Stafford Loans; subsidized and unsubsidized.

A Subsidized loan is need-based and the government pays (subsidizes) the interest while the student is in school at least half-time and for six months after the student ceases attending at least half-time (called a grace period).

If students don’t qualify for a subsidized loan, they may qualify for an Unsubsidized Loan (Independent students may also qualify for additional unsubsidized loan beyond the base amount). Unlike a subsidized loan, the student is responsible for paying the interest that accrues from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. Students may choose to pay the interest while in school or allow it to accrue and be capitalized (that is, added to the principal amount of the loan). Capitalizing the interest will increase the amount to repay.

Federal Direct Stafford Loans: How much can I borrow?

Whether Subsidized or Unsubsidized, eligibility is determined based on dependency status, financial need, cost to attend school and the number of terms/payment periods attended. Repayment obligations begin six months after the student graduates, withdraws, or falls below a half-time enrollment status.

Loan limits depend on the student's grade level and loan type (Subsidized or Unsubsidized).

Federal Direct Stafford Loan Annual Maximums (Subsidized & Unsubsidized Combined)
Student Category Dependent Student Independent Student
Freshman $5,500 $9,500
Sophomore $6,500 $10,500
Junior & Senior $7,500 $12,500
Graduate n/a $20,500*

*Beginning with loans first disbursed after June 30th, 2012, graduate students are only eligible for Unsubsidized loans.

Federal Direct Stafford Loan Annual Maximums (Subsidized & Unsubsidized Combined)
Education Level Maximum Combined Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Maximum Subsidized Stafford - based on need
Dependent Undergraduate $31,000 $23,000
Independent Undergraduate $57,500 $23,000
Graduate $138,500 $65,500

PLUS (Parent and Graduate) Loans

All loans are money that must be paid back. As of July 1st, 2010 all schools participate in The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.

A Parent PLUS Loan may be available to parents of dependent, undergraduate students. Either one or both parents may borrow through this program. The Parent PLUS Loan is not based on need, but when combined with other resources cannot exceed the student's cost to attend school for the academic year. A credit check on the parent borrower is required. Repayment begins within 60 days of final disbursement of the loan. However, parents may request deferment of payments while the student is attending at least half time.

A Graduate PLUS Loan may be available to a student seeking Graduate and/or Professional degrees and are not based on need. A credit check is required and the student must complete the FAFSA. Repayment begins within 60 days of final disbursement of the loan. However, students may request deferment of payments while attending at least half time.

How does the borrower apply for a PLUS loan?

Parents (Parent PLUS) and Graduate students (Graduate PLUS) must complete a Direct PLUS Loan application and promissory note, contained in a single form available from the financial aid office.

How much can I borrow?

The yearly limit on a PLUS Loan (Parent and Graduate) is equal to the cost to attend school minus any other financial aid received. For example: If the cost to attend school for the year is $20,000 and the student receives $8,000 in other financial aid, the PLUS loan may not exceed $12,000.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

FWS is a financial aid program designed to assist students in meeting some of the costs of their education by working part-time while attending school. Positions may be on-campus, off-campus, or community service related. A candidate must demonstrate financial need (as determined by the Department of Education) to be eligible for a FWS award. The number of positions available may be limited depending upon the school’s annual funding allocation from the federal government.

How much can I earn?

Federal Work Study students are paid an hourly wage. Wages for the program must equal at least the current federal minimum wage, but may be higher, depending on the type of work performed and the skills required. The maximum amount a student may earn in an award year cannot exceed the total FWS award. When assigning work hours, the employer or financial aid administrator will consider the award amount, class schedule, and satisfactory academic progress. For a listing of available positions please contact the Financial Aid Office.

*Financial Aid is available for those who qualify

Military affiliation includes active duty, veteran, spouse of military or veteran, or anyone eligible to receive military benefits.