Classes start January 2, 2018!
Connie Johnson, Ed.D.
- Chief Academic Officer and Provost
- Tampa, Florida, Chicago and Colorado
- Top academician. Practical educator. Former broker.
- Ed.D., Education / Organizational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University (2010)
- MBA, Management, Nova Southeastern University (1991)
- BS, with honors, Criminal Justice, Florida State University
Dr. Connie Johnson is Colorado Technical University's (CTU) chief academic officer and provost, working with both online and ground degree programs. She has oversight of academic affairs, including faculty, curriculum, classroom experience, and accreditation. During her time at CTU, Connie has initiated adaptive learning technology implementation, effective leadership of academics, women's leadership, leading academics through change, and effective technology implementation in the online classroom including the promotion of academics, faculty and student engagement through social media.
Connie has served in higher education for over 20 years with extensive experience in online and ground teaching, administration, and leadership. Additionally, Connie has extensive experience in regional accreditation, curriculum implementation, and faculty training and development. She is a trained peer evaluator for the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), has completed and served as a facilitator in the ACE Chief Academic Officer Institute, and is a member of the CTU Board of Trustees. Her educational background includes a Doctorate of Education, organizational leadership emphasis (2010), and a Master of Business Administration in management (1991) from Nova Southeastern University; and a Bachelor of Science with honors in criminal justice from Florida State University.
Academic Specialization/Focus at CTU
Academic and Student Affairs
I am in because education creates opportunity, and CTU provides relevant education that students can use in their lives immediately.
My teaching philosophy has always been to aspire to excellence and enjoy the process of learning. Also, if you are having challenges with any of the courses during your program of study, please reach out to your instructor. We are here to serve our students.
I love sports and athletics, and exercise all of the time, including walking outdoors. My family is very important to me and I stay very engaged in the lives of my two sons who are 20 and 17. I love movies and dancing.
- Johnson, C. and Dulabaum, N. (2011). An Innovative Model for Guiding and Mentoring Faculty: Online and Face to Face. Presentation SLOAN-C conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Johnson, C. (2011). American Intercontinental University and MyFoundationsLab. Presentation Pearson Publishing Divisional Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- Johnson, C. (2010). A Mentoring Program for College Freshman at Risk : An Evaluative Study, Applied Dissertation. Nova Southeastern University.
- Johnson, C. (2010). Shifting the File Paradigm: Moving Multiple Campuses from Paper to Electronic Files to Improve Efficiency and Student Customer Service. Presentation AACRAO Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 2012-Present. Member ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
- 2012-Present. Member Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- 2012-Present. Peer Evaluator Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- 2011-present. ACBSP
- 2008-2010. NASPA
- 2007-present. Member of AACRAO
- Adaptive Learning and Technology in the Classroom
- Improving Student Retention and Persistence
- Effective Academic Leadership
- Supporting students who may be at risk of dropping out of college