Classes Start soon
Apply Now
Request Information
Tuition Calculator
Estimate Cost and grad date

COVID-19 Notice: Colorado Technical University is open and serving students.

Program details are provided lower on the page.

Classes start October 26, 2021!

Request Information

Fill out this brief form and an admissions advisor will contact you within the next day.

By clicking the button below you agree to be contacted by CTU about education services (including through automated and/or pre-recorded means, e.g. dialing and text messaging) via telephone, mobile device (including SMS and MMS), and/or email, even if your telephone number or email address is on a corporate, state or the National Do Not Call Registry, and you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You understand that your consent is not required as a condition to purchase a good or service.

International Student FAQs

Q: How do I apply for admission to CTU?

The application can be accessed via the internet by clicking on one of the links below:

Q: What are the requirements for international admissions?

Academic records. The required academic documents include:

  1. High School/Secondary transcripts:
    These records must list (at a minimum) the coursework taken in the last three years of secondary school and the marks/grades that you received in each course completed.
  2. Proof of graduation (certificate or diploma). Please send the original language documents as well as English language translations. Translations must either be completed by the educational institution you attended or by a certified translation agency.
  3. If you have a College Degree: These records must list every course taken after completing high school/secondary school and the marks/grades that you received in each course taken. Please send the original language documents as well as English language translations. Translations must either be completed by the educational institution you attended or by a certified translation agency.
  4. Transcript evaluations: Because CTU follows strict policies concerning academic integrity, students are required to have on file within one session of their program start date an evaluation from an approved credential evaluation service for all foreign educational credentials previously earned. See the university's catalog for details.

Proof of English proficiency. Non-native speakers of English need to submit proof of English proficiency (one or more of the following):

  1. Primary instruction of education in your country of origin is English.
  2. Passing score on TOEFL or IELTS.
  3. A grade of C or better in an intermediate ESL or college-level English course taken at an accredited English-speaking postsecondary institution.
  4. Graduation from an English-speaking secondary or postsecondary institution.
  5. Doctoral students must have received an acceptable score on one of the approved international testing options.

Proof of financial support. You will need to submit documents that give evidence of your ability to pay for your expenses while a student at Colorado Technical University. These documents are:

  1. Affidavit of Financial Support - this form is a signed statement from your financial sponsor(s) guaranteeing monetary support for your expenses.

  2. OR

  3. Bank statement/letter - each of your financial sponsors must show evidence from his/her bank that proves sufficient resources are available to meet your educational expenses. The amount of funds that your sponsors(s) are guaranteeing must equal or exceed the amount of your total first year expenses for tuition, fees, housing, food and other expenses.

Students must also meet the admission requirements listed in the admissions section of the catalog and declare an academic major. Students may change this major at a later date, but an initial declaration allows students to set up an education plan with their advisors.

Q: How long will it take before I hear about my admission?

Processing of your admissions application is dependent on 1) submission of all required documents and 2) meeting the admissions requirements for the degree program you are applying for. It is VERY important to email your admissions advisor this information as soon as possible so that we can help you complete the enrollment process in a timely manner.

For those students who need to obtain a student visa (F-1) to study in the United States, we will send an Immigration and Naturalization (INS) I-20 form and instructions on how to obtain your student visa. The INS I-20 form will be used to present evidence to the American embassy that you have been accepted as a student at Colorado Technical University and that you are eligible for F-1 visa. For those students who are already in the US on a student or other type of visa, we will give you special instructions.

Q: Can I work while I am in studying at CTU?

Students studying at one of our campuses in Colorado only: Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is defined by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) as alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with a school that is available for F-1 visa holders. CPT is a temporary, professional, full or part-time employment directly related to a student’s academic program. All work must be authorized and pre-approved by the Designated School Official before you can begin working.

Q: Can CTU assist me in finding sponsorship or scholarships?

CTU does not assist international students in finding a sponsor. Finding a sponsor is something you would need to secure on your own.

At this time, we only offer federal financial aid assistance to US citizens or eligible non-citizens.

CTU does not do business in the European Union (EU) and does not accept applications from EU residents seeking to enroll at the University.

Military affiliation includes active duty, veteran, spouse of military or veteran, or anyone eligible to receive military benefits.