Online Education & Learning
Imagine going to class from the comfort of your own home, tuning into lectures when you decide and exploring your professional interests on your terms. We understand the challenges of balancing work, life and school. At CTU you don't have to sacrifice your professional or personal life to pursue an education. Whether you are looking to go back to school to advance in your field or you are a first time student, you can pursue an online education at Colorado Technical University.
Online Education Statistics
The growth in online education across the United States is striking. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of online education:
- Increase in the number of students selecting distance-learning courses as a part of their regular college curriculum from 8 to 20 percent between 2000 and 20081
- More than 75% of academic leaders reported that online learning outcomes are equivalent to or better than traditional learning2
- 65% of students have taken online classes3
- 18% of undergraduate students are predicted to receive 80% or more of their education through online courses by 20134
- The enrollment rate for online education is faster than the average at traditional colleges and universities5
- More than 6.7 million students are enrolled in online education at degree granting universities5
What to expect from CTU’s online degree programs
Online education is not a new way of learning, and Colorado Technical University aims to be consistently innovative with our offerings. CTU has been around for almost half a century and offered online degree programs since 2000. We know how to deliver quality, forward-thinking online education. Between curricula that is developed by industry professionals to technologies that allow you to access your education from anywhere you have internet access, CTU is leading the way forward in online education.
As a student at CTU, there are a number of things you can expect from your online learning. You can feel confident in your decision to pursue your online education at CTU because we can offer you:
An Online Education that Works
In today’s competitive workforce, earning a career-focused degree can have a major impact on your professional growth. According to the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, individuals with career-focused6 degrees had unemployment rates lower than the national average.
CTU’s online degree programs have been recognized for their success. Most notably, CTU’S Online MBA program ranked as one of the top-ten online MBA programs in the world.7
Advancing Learning through Technology
CTU has always placed a heavy emphasis on maintaining the highest quality and most current technologies in order to improve the way we deliver courses and support tools to our students. Through our Virtual Campus, students can access course information, grades, assignments, student finance and accounts, and the Virtual Commons. Additionally, students can use the Virtual Campus to access archived or live lectures and chats 24/7. Also within the Virtual Campus is the core of our course delivery technology platform, M.U.S.E. (My Unique Student Experience). M.U.S.E. helps students to engage with their education through watching, listening, reading or interacting with their course material.
CTU also offers a mobile app for learning on the go. Use your iPhone, iPad, iTouch or Android device. Visit CTU Mobile for more information and downloading instructions.
Flexibility and Support
Many of our students are working professionals and have active families. We have thus developed our degree programs in a way that allows us to provide our students the following:
- The ability to work from anywhere you have internet access 24/7. Our Virtual Campus can be accessed from any device that receives an internet connection. The ability to connect from anywhere allows you to participate in classes in real-time, online chat with other students around the country and complete homework assignments. You can also watch archived lectures and view archived chats at any time of day or night.
- Numerous programs at all degree levels. CTU offers online degrees within the program areas of Business & Management, Computer Science, HealthCare, Information Systems & Technology, Project Management and Security Studies. Depending upon the program of study, degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level.
- Opportunities to connect with experienced instructors online. No matter your learning style, you will have a way reach out to your instructors. Meet with your instructors during regularly scheduled office hours, via live chat or email.
- Options to interact with peers. Our Virtual Commons provides you with the opportunity to collaborate with your peers to further enhance your education.
- Technical Support available 24/7. The ability to connect with one of our Tech Support representatives at any time means that your time for learning will be spent learning - not solving “technical difficulties.”
1U.S. Department of Education. Accessed March 6, 2015.
2pewinternet.org. Accessed April 8, 2013.
3 edtechmagazine.com. Accessed June 7, 2013.
4 coursehero.com. Accessed April 8, 2013.
5sloanconsortium.org. Accessed April 8, 2013.
6georgetown.edu. Accessed April 8, 2013.
7CTU Blogs. Accessed April 8, 2013.