Q: Where/how can I pursue a degree at CTU?
Q: What is the admissions process?
- Complete and submit the university application
- Participate in admissions interview by phone or in person
- For undergraduate students (Associate and Bachelor’s levels): submit proof of high school graduation or equivalency documents by the time you start classes
- For graduate students (Master’s and Doctorate levels): submit official transcript verifying completion of an accredited baccalaureate (for master’s students) or master’s degree (for doctoral students)
- A criminal background check is required if you have something greater than a minor traffic offense to ensure the safety of our staff and students
- International students click here for additional steps in the admissions process
Refer to the University Policies section of the catalog for additional information about the admissions process.
Q: How long does the admissions process take?
CTU is an open enrollment private university and does not require any assessment testing as part of the admissions acceptance process (examples include SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, GRE, GMAT). Completion of the process will depend on how quickly you complete the steps in the previous section.
Master’s and Doctoral programs may have additional entrance requirements that may take additional processing time. See the University Policies section of the catalog for details.
Q: Does CTU support transfer of credit from other colleges or universities?
Refer to our Transfer Student section for more information.
Q: Can I use Financial Aid to cover tuition?
There are many different types of Financial Aid that can be used to finance your education. Refer to our Financial Aid section for more information.
Federal Aid requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- CTU Online FAFSA Code: E01038
- CTU Denver South FAFSA Code: E00840
- CTU Colorado Springs FAFSA Code: 010148
Information for Military students can be found here.
Q: Why do students choose Colorado Technical University?
- You control how, when and where you learn
- Advanced technology is incorporated into all aspects of your education
- Our university and degree program accreditation
- We are committed to applied, real-world learning via our Professional Learning Model
- We offer ongoing Career Services for students and alumni
- We offer classes on a 5.5 or 11 week schedule depending on the course and delivery option (on campus or online)
- CTU has a rich online community and opportunities for professional networking
- Our faculty members are actively engaged in demonstrating thought leadership via blog articles, whitepapers and e-books
- CTU was named to 2010-2013 list of military friendly schools by G.I. Jobs magazine and is considered a Yellow Ribbon Program participant
- CTU’s online MBA program was ranked as a 2012 top-10 online MBA program by CEO Magazine, a publication of the International Graduate Forum
Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411).