Have questions about applying for admissions to Colorado Technical University? We’ve compiled the answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact us at any time.
Q: Where/how can I pursue a degree at CTU?
Q: What is the admissions process?
We’ve outlined the process on the Student Admissions Process page, but here’s a quick overview:
- Do your research by exploring your goals and what CTU has to offer.
- Schedule an admissions interview.
- Complete an online application.
Keep in mind, the admission process may vary depending on the type of degree you want to pursue and the degree program you’re interested in. Your admissions advisor will help you identify the documentation and information you need to gather to submit a complete application. Always refer to the University Policies section of the catalog for additional information about the admissions process.
Q: How long does the admissions process take?
CTU is an open enrollment private university and does not require any assessment testing as part of the admissions acceptance process (examples include SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, GRE, GMAT). Completion of the process will depend on how quickly you complete the steps in the previous section.
Master’s and Doctoral programs may have additional entrance requirements that may take additional processing time. See the University Policies section of the catalog for details.
Q: Does CTU support transfer of credit from other colleges or universities?
Yes. You can learn more about how you may qualify in the Transfer Student section or contact us for additional information.
Q: Can I use Financial Aid to cover tuition?
Yes, and you have choices! There are many different types of Financial Aid that can be used to finance your education.
If you’re seeking Federal Aid, you are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA). You may need this information when you apply:
- CTU Online FAFSA Code: E01038
- CTU Aurora (Outside Denver) FAFSA Code: E00840
- CTU Colorado Springs FAFSA Code: 010148
Information for Military students can be found here, and if you have questions about other types of financial aid available, be sure to visit our Financial Aid section.
Q: Why do students choose Colorado Technical University?
Colorado Technical University is a recognized leader in delivering quality education to a wide range of students. There are many reasons why students choose CTU to further their education, and here are some of the highlights:
- You control how, when and where you learn
- Advanced technology is incorporated into all aspects of your education
- Our university and many degree programs are accredited*.
- We are committed to applied, real-world learning through our Professional Learning Model.
- We offer ongoing Career Services for students and alumni.
- We offer classes on a 5.5- or 11-week schedule depending on the course and delivery option (on campus or online).
- CTU has a rich online community and opportunities for professional networking.
- Our faculty members are actively engaged in demonstrating thought leadership through blog articles, whitepapers and e-books.
- CTU was named to 2010-2014 list of military friendly schools by G.I. Jobs magazine and is considered a Yellow Ribbon Program participant.
- CTU’s online MBA program was ranked as a 2012 top-10 online MBA program by CEO Magazine, a publication of the International Graduate Forum.
*Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411).