2016 Nursing Conferences: Choose One and Register Today
Attending a nursing conference can be a great way to educate yourself about the best practices, resources, and tools in the nursing profession. You’ll learn about emerging health care practices, new technologies, and have many opportunities to connect with a network of like-minded professionals. If you’re a nursing student, it’s an opportunity to hear first-hand about the joys and struggles of those who have been in the nursing profession for a few years, many decades or even longer.
In 2016, there are many upcoming nursing conferences that may be of interest to you, whether you’re a nursing student, just starting your career or have been in the business of taking care of patients for years. There are conferences for nurse educators, emergency nurses, critical care nurses, as well as general nursing. Take a look at some of the conferences we’ve listed below—you may find one that’s just right for you.
Nursing 2016 Symposium
When: May 10-11, 2016
Where: Lake Buena Vista
Sponsored by Wolters Kluwer, this Symposium is a chance for nurses from all backgrounds—including students—to come together and collaborate to strengthen their clinical skills and learn about evidence-based nursing that’s so important in today’s health care system.
Over two full days, some of the agenda sessions include:1
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Caring for Patients with Acute Pancreatitis
- Hot Topics in Pain Management
- Hepatitis C: A Silent and Potentially Deadly but Curable Epidemic
- No Time to Care: Instilling Compassion Back into Your Care in 60 Seconds or Less
- Outbreak! Nurses as the Voice of Reason During Infectious Disease Events
- Post-Op Complications: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
- STAT: Recognition and Management of Cardiac Emergencies
- The Ins and Outs of Catheters and CAUTI
- What's New in Managing Pneumonias (HAP, VAP, CAP)
2016 National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition
When: May 16-19, 2016
Where: New Orleans
If you’re a critical care nurse, or want to become one, this conference will help you understand this segment of the profession. This conference offers 100s of educational sessions and multiple all-attendee events throughout the week. The National Teaching Institute and the Advanced Practice Institute lead learning sessions that feature the latest innovations in practice, technology, health care delivery, evidence-based practices and research.
A few other highlights include:2
- SuperSessions: Theses are uplifting all-attendee events that are designed to celebrate your work—including the good times and the difficult ones—of caring for critically ill patients and their families.
- The Critical Care Exposition: This is a large and comprehensive trade show for high acuity and critical care nurses, where they can take their time reviewing new techniques, innovative products and services that they can take back and share with their unit and hospital
The AAACN 41st Annual Conference
When: Palm Springs, CA
Where: May 18-21, 2016
The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing represents over 3,000 nurses across the country who work in hospitals, individual medical practices, VA facilities, and a variety of other settings.3
This conference is a must-attend for students, as well as nurses working in or interested in:3
- Telehealth nurses
- Staff nurses
- Care coordinators
- Advanced practice nurses
- Researchers who practice in health care settings
American Association of Nurse Practitioners 2016 National Conference
When: June 21-26, 2016
Where: San Antonio
Another 2016 nursing conference to put on your schedule is the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). During this event, you can earn up to 35.75 contact hours of continuing education and choose from nearly 295 concurrent sessions and 40 skill-enhancement workshops.
The nine featured tracks of this year's conference are:4
- Acute Care
- Emergent/Urgent Care
- Faculty Development
- Military/Uniformed Services Healthcare
- Pain Management
- Women's Health
Whether you’re just considering a nursing career, are a nursing student, or have been a nurse for years, attending a nursing conference is a helpful way to learn from other nurses about the tools of the trade, what it takes to be a nurse, and the variety of certifications you can earn.
Interested in continuing your nursing education? Learn more about CTU's nursing programs.
1 Nursing 2016 Symposium, https://www.nursingsymposium.com/ (last viewed April 4, 2016)
2 National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition,
http://www.aacn.org/dm/nti/ntihome.aspx?selnti=nti2016&menu=nti2016&lastmenu=divheader_national_teaching_institute_&_critical_care_exposition_-_2016 (last visited April 4, 2016)
4 American Association of Nurse Practitioners 2016 National Conference https://www.aanp.org/conferences/national-conference (last visited April 4, 2016)