CTU’s Gift to Graduates: LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium
By Stephanie Donovan, M.A., CPRW, Resume Coach
Ninety-three percent of recruiters who responded to a Jobvite survey stated they use or plan to use LinkedIn to find candidates. When you consider this, and the fact that fewer recruiters respond to job board applications, it makes sense to build or expand your professional network. After all, most jobs are found though employee referrals, company website leads and professional networking; and that makes LinkedIn a perfect place to cultivate your connections.
To help CTU graduates get started on the right foot, we are offering a complimentary six-month upgrade* to a LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account to qualifying alumni*.
As a premium member, you receive these benefits:
- Expanded Network: Send direct messages to people outside of your network using InMail.
- Featured Applicant: When you apply for a job using LinkedIn, you can move yourself ahead of non-premium account members.
- Enhanced Profile Views: Get valuable information about the people who are looking at your profile, even those with whom you’re not yet connected.
- Special Badges: Stand out among the crowd with a premium badge added to your profile, which captures the attention of recruiters.
- Premium Search Capability: Focus your job search with advanced position filters, such as salary range, so you’re only applying for positions that best fit your goals.
- Profile Organizer: Never lose touch with a valuable connection by organizing key contacts and adding notes to keep track of important communication.
If you’re a CTU graduate and haven’t take advantage of this free upgrade, email CTULinkedIn@ctuonline.edu for an invitation and details on how to sign up.
For those who have already started using LinkedIn’s Premium features, we would love to hear more about what you like most about it. Please share your experience in the comments below.
Stephanie Donovan, M.A., CPRW, is a resume coach with the Campus Support Center. Serving as a resume coach with a focus on resume review and assistance, she also provides LinkedIn tutorials for CTU students and cultivates ongoing communication with CTU alumni in order to foster professional success. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
* Participants of the LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account upgrade must be graduates of Colorado Technical University (CTU) at the time of account activation. CTU Alumni must have received an invitation to the subscription offer prior to activation of a LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium Account. Participants will be allowed up to (and not exceeding) 60 days after the invitation is sent to complete the CTU-required training and submit an activation request in order to receive the LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account upgrade. Participants must have an existing LinkedIn account to receive the LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account upgrade. Participants’ existing LinkedIn profiles must be at least 50% complete in order to receive the LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account upgrade. Participants’ subscriptions to the LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account will be sponsored by CTU for up to 6 months, after which point subscribers may extend their LinkedIn Job Seeker Premium account at their own expense. The 6-month complimentary upgrade period begins the day the activation notification email is sent to the participant from LinkedIn, regardless of when the upgrade is accepted by the subscriber. CTU can revoke this offer at any time at its own discretion (e.g., due to a status change with the university, account inactivity, etc.).
Image Credit: Flickr/Colectivo Mambe
Terms and Conditions
By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from Colorado Tech via its mobile text message provider. You may opt out of receiving messages by texting the word STOP to 94576, or simply reply with the word STOP to any text message you receive from Colorado Tech.
While CEC or its mobile text message provider will not charge end users for receiving/responding to promotional messages, depending on the terms of your mobile phone plan, you may incur a cost from your mobile service carrier to receive and respond to any promotional text messages (standard messaging and data rates/fees and other charges may apply). Charges will appear on your mobile phone bill or will be deducted from pre-paid amounts. Current participating/supported carriers are: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, Element Wireless, Golden State Cellular, iWireless, Metro PCS, Nextel, nTelos, Plateau Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, and more.×