International Student Admissions Process
At Colorado Technical University, we understand the unique needs of International students. We've made it easy to apply and enroll for online classes anytime whether online or by phone.
To start the admissions process, you will need to have an acceptable TOEFL score and an official transcript indicating that you’ve completed a high school education (or equivalent).
- Start by submitting an Application for Admission.
It's easy to get started. Apply online now and you will be transferred to a web page asking for your contact information. Once you complete the required fields and submit your information, your application will be sent electronically to CTU.
- Submit an English proficiency assessment.
If your first language is not English (or if you graduated from a non-English speaking school), you will need to provide proof of English proficiency before you can be considered for admission.
- Conduct a personal telephone interview with an International Admissions Advisor.
All applicants are required to complete a telephone interview. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions about CTU, the curriculum and courses that interest you. These one-on-one interviews are also used to determine whether applicants have the necessary qualifications for admission.
We welcome applicants to invite a spouse or family member to be a part of these phone interviews. We find that many applicants feel more comfortable having an extra set of ears to help them through this phase of the application process.
- Next, you'll be asked to submit appropriate, official school documentation.
Submit attestation of high school graduation or equivalency for undergraduate admission and appropriate official baccalaureate transcript for graduate admission.
Once you have completed these four steps, CTU will review your information and inform you of its decision. The university reserves the right to reject applicants if the items listed above are not successfully completed.
Additional Stipulations for International Students
- International transcripts must be translated to English and may need to be officially evaluated by an accepted agency at the student's cost. A list of accepted official evaluators is available from the Registrar's Office or the International Admissions department.
- CTU seeks students who desire to build upon their undergraduate degree and career experiences by pursuing graduate study. CTU will accept baccalaureate degrees earned with a CGPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) from any United States institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or from internationally recognized foreign institutions of higher education. International institutions must be licensed or officially recognized by the Education Department or Ministry of the country where the institution is in operation to be eligible for transfer of credit or degree status.
Terms and Conditions
By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from Colorado Tech via its mobile text message provider. You may opt out of receiving messages by texting the word STOP to 94576, or simply reply with the word STOP to any text message you receive from Colorado Tech.
While CEC or its mobile text message provider will not charge end users for receiving/responding to promotional messages, depending on the terms of your mobile phone plan, you may incur a cost from your mobile service carrier to receive and respond to any promotional text messages (standard messaging and data rates/fees and other charges may apply). Charges will appear on your mobile phone bill or will be deducted from pre-paid amounts. Current participating/supported carriers are: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, Element Wireless, Golden State Cellular, iWireless, Metro PCS, Nextel, nTelos, Plateau Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, and more.×