Master of Science in Homeland Security - General
The CTU Master of Science in Homeland Security - General degree is designed to help students acquire a broad understanding of the homeland security enterprise at the strategic policymaking level. The program is geared towards homeland security practitioners and aims to provide them with analytical and communication tools that can help them prepare to become decision-makers in their chosen area of expertise.
Relevant Institutional/Programmatic Accreditation
CTU is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission www.hlcommission.org
National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity 2014-2021*
HCM670 Management of Human Resources in Healthcare 4 HCM672 Quality Improvement in Healthcare 4 HCM673 Healthcare Marketing Strategies 4 HCM675 Healthcare Economics 4 HCM679 Healthcare Management Capstone 4 Total Credit Hours: 20
HCM612 Managing the Healthcare Organization 4 HCM632 Systems in Healthcare 4 HCM671 Healthcare Statistics 4 HCM674 Health Policy in the United States 4 HCM676 Healthcare Finance 4 HCM677 Information Systems for Healthcare 4 HCM678 Healthcare Law and Ethics 4 Total Credit Hours: 28
Total Credit Hours: 48
Total tuition for this degree program will vary depending on your educational needs, existing experience, and other factors.
View our tuition resources page for links to information on our civilian and military student tuition, books and fees.Estimate your costs, potential savings and graduation date
Ways to Save
Cost of this degree may be reduced based on one or more of the following:
This degree program is designed to provide the following skills and knowledge:
- Outline trends in the development and evolution of the HLS enterprise
- Analyze current policy issues within the HLS enterprise and/or its sub-disciplines
- Use research to suggest policy solutions to existing HLS problems
- Explore strategies and institutional frameworks that affect HLS policy
- Analyze the role of the intelligence community, first-responders, the military, the private sector and others in the HLS enterprise
- Interpret, synthesize and critique the threat posed by terrorism, natural disasters and public health emergencies
- Analyze the legal, institutional and policy barriers to unity of effort and enhanced HLS policy and the possible methodologies for circumventing or eliminating those barriers
- Evaluate the impact of policies within HLS sub-disciplines on the creation of a common HLS strategy and effort
Learn about today’s challenges from professors who are experts in their fields, plus subject matter experts predicting the trends of tomorrow. Immerse yourself in our university thought leadership to begin experiencing the power of CTU’s powerful network.
- Syria: Why Its Future Matters to More than the Middle East
- Iran's Nuclear Program: Challenges and Policy Options
- From Poverty to Power: What China's Emerging Status as a Superpower Means for the United States
- Nuclear Weapons and the Threat They Pose
- Pandemics - The Threat That Will Never Go Away
- Global Security Series - The North Korean Threat
- Active Shooters - The Quiet Threat That Dwells in Your Backyard
Where do I go from here?
Choosing to continue your education is a big decision and we're here to help. Choose one of the options below to get started.
Submit your details and speak to an admissions advisor within the next day:
Submit a no-fee online application. An advisor will get in touch after your application is received to schedule an interview (required before enrolling):
Classes start January 2, 2018!
Gainful Employment and Other Student Disclosures
Below you can find placement rates and other information tailored to your chosen campus and program. Certain disclosures are published on this website to assist students in understanding the facts about their programs.
Online Programs - Graduation Rate
The percentage of first-time, full-time undergraduate students who started between
7/1/2010 and 10/15/2010 who completed within 150% of the normal time period:20%
All Colorado Technical University campuses and both ground and online enrollments are included in this Graduation Rate.
*CTU has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity for academic years 2014-2021 for its cybersecurity and information assurance programs