Professor Richard Rocky Hudson, MSST, CPM is the Program Chair for the College of Engineering.
Richard is a Technical Program Management (TPM) and Systems Engineering (SE) Subject Matter Expert, Courseware Developer, and Mentor for 30+ years; focused on Department of Defense and Corporate Program Management – developing and delivering expert TPM and SE courseware to thousands of Leadership Development and Advanced Engineering degree student/employees and presenting at National/International events. From 2008-2011, established MS and DR Degree course plans in TPM and SE and taught the Program Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering.
Richard has over thirty-five years’ experience in Department of Defense and Corporate Program Management, Engineering Excellence, and Professional Mentoring.
Senior Management assignments include:
- State of New York Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) Corporate restructuring as Manager of Emergency Response, Security, Legal, and Facilities Management – providing safe and secure electrical power to 6 million customers;
- Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology, Emergency Management Senior Manager, providing Personnel and Emergency Equipment in support of USACE/FEMA Emergency Response;
- Joint Programs Manager (Commanding Officer) over all DoD Programs at Litton Industries (now known as Northrup Grumman Engineering);
- Navy Program Manager and Chief Engineer for the CAT-A P-7 (aircraft) Weapon System Acquisition and Production Contract, USAF/Joint Programs Chief Systems Engineer for a CAT-A Classified Tactical Weapon System,
- IS&S Business Development Lead for US Navy Strategic Planning and Value Proposition Initiatives, and
- LM MS2 Systems Engineering Senior Manager for Advanced Programs.
- Certified Program Manager from the Institute for Certified Managers