Kathleen Schnier, PhD
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Areas of Focus
- Ph.D., with distinction, Cultural and Educational Policy Studies, Loyola University
- Institute for Education Management (IEM), Harvard University
- MA, Sociology, Northern Illinois University
- BA, magna cum laude, Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Certified Poverty Coach, Beegle Institute
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP), Compliance Certification Board
- Data Analytics Certificate, Northwestern University
- Title IX Coordinator and Administrator Certification, ATIXA
- 504 Coordinator Certification, ATIXA
Dr. Kathleen Schnier was appointed chief academic officer and provost of Colorado Technical University in May 2022. Working with both online and ground programs, she has oversight of academic affairs including faculty, curriculum, classroom experience, library, and registrar.
Throughout her 25 years in higher education, Dr. Schnier works to share best practices through a myriad of conferences, discussions, events, and external relationships with significant members of the higher education community. In her 25-year relationship with the Higher Learning Commission, she is a member of the Peer Corps and the HLC Quality Awareness Initiative Committee. She has also taught extensively at the undergraduate and graduate levels and has taught internationally in Cuba, Thailand, and Italy.
With her educational background in Sociology and Cultural and Education Policy Studies, Dr. Schnier also has a passion for social development and the vision of equity and inclusion. In 2019, she was a delegate with the U.S./Cuba Women's Delegation on Advancing Women's Health and Human Rights. Dr. Schnier serves as a board member for the Girls Scouts of Arizona Cactus-Pine Council and the Arizona Foster Care Review Board. She is also a She Leads! Mentor with Arizona Foundation for Women.
Awards and Achievements
- Finalist, Woman of the Year, Phoenix Panhellenic Council
- Profile of Female Executives, Phoenix Business Journal
- Nominee, Athena Award, Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
- Distinguished Home and School Association Award, National Catholic Education Association (NCEA)
- Gold Award, Girl Scouts of America